Oxygen 25 and Ean's TSI for Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Oxygen 25 and Ean's TSI for Traktor

Hi guys,

I got the new Oxygen 25 and I’m trying to use the setup Ean made for the Oxygen 8 V2 to control Traktor (the Oxygen 25 is somehow the Oxygen 8 V3). The first problem I encounter is that Enigma does not support the 3rd version of the Oxygen keyboards. Then, when I’m trying to import the TSI file into Traktor I can’t check the “MIDI mapping” box (it’s grey) but Effect Setting and GUI layout boxes as well as All Other Settings and Preferences are checked.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Arnaud

Quote Originally Posted by goolawak View Post
    I can’t check the “MIDI mapping” box (it’s grey) but Effect Setting and GUI layout boxes as well as All Other Settings and Preferences are checked.
    I can't see how this could have anything to do with enigma or your keyboard, as it's totally unrelated to either... I'd keep trying or re-download it or something..

That'd be a start

Tech Guru

Oxygen v3 doesn't come with a software where you can change the midi messages?
    You can make a .xml file that would send the same midi messages codes as the Ean's .xml of Oxygen 25 v2
    This way you can use the same .tsi map as Ean and all updates to his map would be available to you too without remap anything...
    You can follow the code map bellow to achieve the same messages:

Tech Student

Thanks for your answers guys. Belchman, I have tried redownloading the TSI but the problem remains. V-Hoff, the Oxygen 25 doesn't come with Enigma but they say is has DirecyLink support instead (http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.directlink). I'm not sure whether it is equivalent but I don't think I get the role of Enigma anyway...

Also, could you maybe send me your own TSI mapping file to see whether I could import that one?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tech Guru

enigma should work with all m-audio midi controllers

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Enigma.html

you need enigma to make the codes that your controller send to traktor be the same as the codes the traktor map read from the controller.

If you dont use it, you will have to hit Learn on Traktor and remap all Ean's functions one by one, also all future updates to this map will need a remap on traktor

Enigma doesn't work with the new Oxygen series
    The Oxygen 25 only uses the Direct Link function, but that won't help you in importing Ean's mappings for the Oxygen 8v2.

I have found that just importing Ean's mapping for the Oxygen 8v2 will somewhat work on the new Oxygen 25. All the transport keys are fine and they work with the sustain pedal. The problem is the knobs, jog wheels and new slider on the Oxygen 25.
    These would have to be remapped I believe.
    The problem is Ean's mappings for the knobs, because his made them "SUPER KNOBS" are very layered and have multiple functions depending on the state you are in Traktor.

Philmat is working on a solution for us Oxygen 25 owners, which is great for those of us less adapt in midi mapping.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...?t=8053&page=5

Traktor isn't the most user friendly when it comes to creating mappings!
    Last edited by mez; 01-07-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mez View Post
    Traktor isn't the most user friendly when it comes to creating mappings!
    Every single midi-maper geek complains about this.

I'm a software developer and database administrator so you can imagine my frustation when I need to map a big project. It's so tedious and we can have so many "human errors" that you need to do really step-by-step.

We should have more automatizated tasks and a better user-friendly interface with mapping indeed. The duplicate button sometimes only makes you do the wrong thing, if you had mapped something big with clones of the same function alredy you know what I mean, I had suffer to remap all slice keys on Ean's mapping.

Since everybody wants a better interface, I think Traktor will release something new soon. They had alredy changed somethings at Traktor 1.2 but its not enough to make us happy, don't you think?
    Last edited by V-Hoff; 01-08-2010 at 06:53 AM.

Tech Student

Thanks mez for your explanations and for pointing out Philmat's solution. But my problem is not that the mapping doesn't work properly with the Oxygen 25, it is that I can't even load it into Traktor. I captured the dialog window that appear when I try to do so (file attached). You will notice that the MIDI Mapping box is uncheckable.

Would you have any hint on how to solve this issue?

Cheers,

Goolawak,

I'm using Traktor Pro 1.2.3 and this is the window I get when importing Ean's Oxy 8 tsi.

What version of Traktor are you using?

Phil.

Tech Student

Hi Phil,

I was indeed using an older version of Traktor, incompatible with the TSI file which was created for Traktor pro 1.2 and above. I should have checked that in the first place...

Sorry for being stupid and thanks for your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast