VCI-100 (No SE Overlay) FM 1.2 with Traktor Pro 1.2 2 Deck and Sampler
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default VCI-100 (No SE Overlay) FM 1.2 with Traktor Pro 1.2 2 Deck and Sampler

Hey

Latest version of my tsi for VCI -100 (No SE overlay) FM 1.2 updated for Traktor Pro 1.2.

It's a 2 deck tsi but i use decks c/d just to trigger samples. I've included some samples in the zip file.

I mix deep house and disco redit stuff (Greg Wilson, Lindstrom etc) or party tunes that all have different bpm, so this tsi is aimed at that kind of set up.

It's a mixture of some other tsi files i've tried too.

I've also attached a kind of guide. It's included in the zip file.

You can download it from my website.

Enjoy

http://www.maxonemusic.com/2009/12/l...aktor-pro-1-2/

Please give me any feedback or tweak/change it and repost it.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Student

Hi,

I just bought a 2nd hand vci-100 and I'm testing your layout which seems perfect for me. Just one question: What is the purpose of dedicating buttons "set cue" to "Deck Focus"? I think the "set cue" is important for me and I don't know when I'll use "Deck Focus" but maybe I'm missing something.

Cheers,

Oriol

basically you can use cue/play or cue/pause to set a simple cue, say at the start of a track. Or when in juggle mode, all the buttons set and store the hot cue points.

because i have the small black buttons as fx 1-4 you need to the focus the deck to choose which fx unit you want to turn on for that deck.

hence is useful to have the deck focus buttons.

have a play with it, i think it's pretty intuitive.
    Last edited by MaxOne; 12-16-2009 at 08:14 PM.
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Student

Hi,

Your midi mapping seems like it would work really well. I've downloaded your file from your website but I must be doing something incredibly stupid. When I go to import the file it doesn't allow me to choose to import the midi mapping? i.e. When all the check boxes come up asking you to choose what to import, I am unable to tick the 'midi mapping' box?

@fakey5

you unzipped it right?

Tech Student

Yeah I have. But when I go to import the tsi file, I get the usual "Select categories to import" screen. However I can only tick/select the following: GUI Layout, Effect Settings and All Other Preferences And Settings". All the other categories are untickable.

If I press OK then it imports the select settings successfully (i.e.. the GUI layout) but none of the other settings such as "Midi Mapping".

You running on a mac or pc?

Tech Wizard

Weird. I'm able to check a few more options but not all.
    When I try to import the tsi file I'm only able to check off:
    Hotkey Settings
    Controller Mappings
    GUI Layout
    Browser Shortcuts
    Effect Settings
    All Other Preferences and Settings

The other 4 are grayed-out.

Is this how it should work.

PS I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. I'll try on my macbook tomorrow.

thanks
    Last edited by rest0r; 12-23-2009 at 11:54 PM.

Tech Wizard

I just tried Ean's 2.5 tsi and it shows similar behavior so I'm assuming this is normal.

Everything works great so far. I like the 'deck focus' idea. I just got my VCI-100 a couple of days ago, so it'll take a while to get used too.

the thing i'm most proud of is using the little black balance knobs as little echo treats that freeze when they click in the middle.

adds a treat to any mix transition :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast