got a new Akai MPD24
    Tech Wizard

Default got a new Akai MPD24 to use w/VCM100

but, i'm having problems mapping it out and need your help sorting this out. setup is TRAKTOR DUO w/VCM-100. i just bought a Akai MPD24 for the usual, cue points and effects. but when i'm in Preferences/Midi Mapping and am trying to map out functions using the Midi Learn, it doesn't work right. i've read somewhere that i need to be using a separate midi channel for the MPD24, but i'm not sure where to select that. i've tried changing the box with the drop down menu that starts with omni thru ch 16, and thats not doing anything. i also noticed when the MPD24 is powered on it has some presets loaded for other programs on the blue screen. i've been going to one of the default screens when trying to map this. anyways, i hope i'm making some kind of sense to somebody so i could get some guidance. thanks.
    Last edited by end1; 11-29-2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: correct spelling

Tech Wizard

i've been trying to do some more research on getting an additional controller mapped out in traktor, but most everything is for mapping one. i thought i had found out how to change the midi channel for the MPD 24 through the akai preset editor that i downloaded with the driver, but it changed back to channel 1 for some reason when trying to map it in traktor. maybe i've gone way over my head buying this to use for simple effects and cue points. though it does look like it would work perfectly for it.

I know it must have something to do wth the midi channel of the MPD24. i jus can't figure out how to change it.
    Last edited by end1; 11-29-2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: spelling

i've read somewhere that i need to be using a separate midi channel for the MPD24, but i'm not sure where to select that.

Tech Convert

Having a similar problem, but trying to use it with Live 8. I want to custom setup the map, but can only get it to work in Live with the preloaded Live map.

I read the manual like 20 times and can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Tech Wizard

hopefully one of the mapping gurus will hop aboard and walk us through this.

Tech Wizard

ok, i was trippin. i found out you can change the midi channel in the global settings in the MPD24. i read the PDF online cuz i bought it as an open box.
    Just pres the GLOBAL button and scroll with the < > keys till you find midi common channel, turn the dial to chose which channel, then hit enter. scroll again till you see save then hit enter again.

Tech Convert

This got me most of the way there. I had to switch on some other things in the midi manager in Live, but now I have it going.

SO STOKED!

Tech Wizard

me too. this just opened up a ton more possibilities.