Hercules RMX - Traktor Pro 1.2(with controls for 4 decks, 4 FX banks, Fader FX Mode)
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Arrow Hercules RMX - Traktor Pro 1.2(with controls for 4 decks, 4 FX banks, Fader FX Mode)

Hi,
    Here’s a mapping I've been working on (for a while now) for people who own a Hercules RMX and are fans of this site.
    Features:
    *a fader FX mode ŕ la Ean Golden http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjjA0xPkXMs
    *cue-point juggling in beat mash mode
    *4 deck control
    This mapping is based on the regular mapping from the Hercules site so check there for basic info on what does what. I’ll be working on a version with comments that explain the logic behind the mapping.
    How to get to the goodies:
    1) There are a few main modifiers;
    a. The scratch key cc41 this is a shift key type modifier
    b. The Scratch key cc41 + source 1 other then (you may want to disable both source buttons!)
    c. The Scratch key cc41 + source 2 this is a toggle type modifier that allows you go into a fader FX like mode (this disables most transport controls and volume faders other then the main volume and the x-fader)
    i. (Please note there that in this mode there is no jog wheel deck control only a fader FX mode! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjjA0xPkXMs[/url)
    ii. Once Mod 3 has been toggled on you can turn on the FX banks for deck A by hitting the scratch key cc41 + cc1, cc4, cc2, cc5 – FX bank 1, 2, 3, 4.
    iii. Once Mod 3 has been toggled on you can turn on the FX banks for deck B by hitting the scratch key cc41 + cc25, cc28, cc26, cc29 – FX bank 1, 2, 3, 4.
    iv. Once Mod 3 has been toggled on you can turn on the FX banks for deck C by hitting the scratch key cc41 + cc3, cc6, cc9, cc10 – FX bank 1, 2, 3, 4.
    v. Once Mode 3 has been toggled on you can turn on the FX banks for deck D by hitting the scratch key cc41 + cc27, cc30, cc33, cc34 – FX bank 1, 2, 3, 4.
    vi. Once has been toggled on you can also control 2 complex effects decks (FX bank 3, & FX bank 4) with the EQ knobs and the EQ kills.
    vii. For BEAT MASHING (cue chords - again in mode 3) you have access to four (4) cue point keys on each deck where:
    viii. keys cc1, cc2, cc3, cc9, on deck A points 1-4 respectively
    ix. keys cc4, cc5, cc6, cc10, on deck B points 1-4 (I may move this)
    x. keys cc4, cc5, cc6, cc10, on deck C points 1-4 (I may move this)
    xi. keys cc28, cc29, cc30, cc34, on deck D points 1-4 (I may move this)

The Scratch key cc41 + cc20 or cc24 will toggle on/off the cue listening for the deck above/below it (depending if modifier 2 is on or not)
    Please test it out and let me know if you like it. Please also let me know about any bugs by replying here.
    Please see the attached file for more info (where the keys are). If there is any interest, I'll keep updating the file. Finally if someone can add somehow to make browsing easier like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKQlU8ha_XE @ 3.20 (hopefully via jog wheel) then I’d say this thing is pretty complete.

Make sure it has found your controller (in the IN/OUT Port of “Controller-Manager”) and is aimed at you deck.

ľnkℓe7.
    Last edited by ľnkℓe7; 12-04-2009 at 07:33 AM. Reason: updated the tsi file

What kind of computer are you using? Im having major issues here.
    Maschine, Abelton live, Massive, Samson studio monitors, Ks4, New truss, revo 4, Chauvet minspots on the way,Traktor pro Thank goodness for just needing the sn#!!),2nd 13" macbook

All fire lost:Signed Vci-100 arcade, akai lpd8,Truss and all lighting, 13" macbook, hercules rmx

Tech Student

Default pro mapper

man, this is a real pro mapping, I checked this out.. it's working well on traktor 1.24 but I didn't know how leaving fx mode, so I come back to read the post. The tsi viewer tool can't open the file saying it's not a mapper file.. how did you create it? did you write every command or used software doin that? How can I modify or just read it? (I would improve my mapper ability). I can't understand if it uses command that can't be simply writed in traktor mapping mode (interaction between jog weel and effect). 1 only thing is working strange.. while in fx bank 3 (chained) jog weel turn fx 1 of when turns clockwhise, while in fx 4 (chained) the jog weel turns it on when clockwise). Is this type of interaction possible using simply traktor mapping mode?
    Thanks for your work, I hope you can answer so I can improve my controllerism skill (I can just own hercules rmx now, i could buy nano pads etc..)
    Keep on improving that on 1.24 please =)

Tech Student

thx 4 the post, as I wrote I am really interested, but can't find the attached file with all keys. Keep developing it, I think it's ipossible that only 300 people red this from 11-'09.
    This is a good opportunity for hercules owners (cheaper than a vci 100 and a native 4dj)
    I also appreciated the richie hawtin link, because I had already watched it and it's what I'd like trying to get from a rmx. Can i get the axplanation file?

I find it funny that no else responded. There has to be more RMX users who visit this forum.
    I'd appreciate any feedback I've stopped updating the file. I was going to fix a few things later on but i haven't set aside the time.

Tech Student

Default thanks for answering

I've seen the explanation file is the midi mapping jpg of the rmx.
    Could you answer my previous questions: why I can't open and how could I even try to modify it (inside traktor?) How do I write double macros, do I need a software for that? Could you fix the mapping because I think it's pretty perfect.. the only reason other aren't interested is this forum is about vci 100.
    U should just talk about it over internet and find many people interested in.
    Do I really need traktor bible for mapping skills like yours? Thanks

I'm not sure at all why you can't edit it you should be able to do it in Traktor under preferences > controller manager > device setup> then pick the correct device under... device.

Creating macros isn't that hard. Here's some info here:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/02/0...tor/#more-1122
    and here:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/11/19/mix-smart/
    basically you set more then one command to a button, knob or fader.

Right now I only want to add that search function but the way I built the mapping is blocking me from adding it to the jog wheel in the way I want to.
    These new modifiers in the 1.2 version may help if i can figure how to use them. By any chance do you how they work?

I'll post this last mapping to the Hercules site once I get it done.

I would really suggest that you get the traktor bible it if you're going to do some very advanced mapping but if not you may not need it.
    Last edited by ľnkℓe7; 02-08-2010 at 12:34 AM.

Tech Convert liveperformerz(trini)'s Avatar

hi waz up
    i recently got my RMX about a week ago since then i put it through the fast pace of the carnival festival over here in trinidad , must say it worked rather well being my 1st controller , i even mapped in a nano pad .
    but any wayz i noticed that u are very familiar with the rmx and waz lookin for some tips on makin it even more exciting .
    i will try your mapping asap, my only issue is how can i get the jog wheels to scratch in traktor pro without using the stop button . Unlike in virtual dj which is how i want it

i know the jogs aren't touch sensitive but let me know if there iz a way

PEACE !!!
    livepreformerz
    we_dont_play

How was carnival? My parents are from the islands too (Antigua & Grenada). haven't been back in a while thou.

I should have a new mapping for you by Monday. I think I figured a way to give you dedicated jog wheel scratch and with the use another button and the jog wheel cdj style cueing.

Later

Tech Convert liveperformerz(trini)'s Avatar

it waz slammin 1 of the best so far not much violence to talk about
    any how thanks for the reply we will keep in touch

BLESS

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast