The Leo Bodnar device - A little help...?

Default The Leo Bodnar device - A little help...?

I have bought the Leo Bodnar HID device and I've filled the digital button outputs and used 6 of the analogue inputs for faders/pots. I was wondering if I could put a joystick in to the two remaining analogue inputs and use it as an x-y controller. I'm really not sure if this would work.

Also, what are the 4 inputs on the bottom/middle of the unit (Up, down, left, right). Can these be used for additional buttons?

Ooops, nearly forgot to put in the link...http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836X/

Any help would be really appreciated as I'm looking to make the final cuts on my case this weekend (If the Alps faders arrive in time).

Cheers.

Archie.

what type of joystick do you want? I have read that some pc joysticks work of analog pots, the playstation like ones from sparkfun should work.

I think those 4 middle pins are the 8 way hat switch part, ther is 4 because up + right would register as up/right position, 4way/8way arcade sticks are kinda like that.

Your board is like mine except the pins are set on yours. When you get to mapping let me know.
    Last edited by kaleaf; 11-18-2009 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaleaf View Post
    what type of joystick do you want? I have read that some pc joysticks work of analog pots, the playstation like ones from sparkfun should work.

I think those 4 middle pins are the 8 way hat switch part, ther is 4 because up + right would register as up/right position, 4way/8way arcade sticks are kinda like that.

Your board is like mine except the pins are set on yours. When you get to mapping let me know.
    Thanks Kaleaf.

The joysticks from sparkfun would be perfect, I'm limited to space on the controller now.

The 4 middle pins could be used as effect buttons then? Pressing 2 or more would engage more effects?

As for mapping, that is the bit I'm most worried about. I've had a look through the MIDI conversion software available and they have all totally confused me.

When I get more components delivered I will post a few more photos.

Thanks again for the help, it's appreciated.

ya I think thats how those would work, if you think of the 8 way hat switch or a 8 way arcade joystick most of them use 4 buttons and the diagonal directons are really just pushing up and right or up and left, ect. so i think whats going to happen is when you push up it will be button 1 (or whatever) and when you push up and right it will be button 2 and right will be button 3 untill you get around to 8..... I think you will have to test that one yourself

also it says on the sparkfun site the playstation style are 10k pots, 1 pot for x and 1 for y.
    http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9032
    Last edited by kaleaf; 11-18-2009 at 05:33 PM.