setting up the Akai LPD8 with Windows 7
    Tech Guru

Default setting up the Akai LPD8 with Windows 7

Hey guys, just went out and picked up the akai lpd8 earlier today. I'm having some trouble getting my computer to recognize this device. Its suppossed to be P&p, no drivers necessary, but windows is telling me that I don not have the correct drivers installed.

Anyone else had this problem? I would love to get this thing working pretty soon.

Tech Guru

gah... this is so annoying. I really want this to work...

Tech Guru

cmon guys... really? am I going to have to return this?

Tech Wizard

Have you searched for driver DL? Im running vista but when I got this comp I had to DL drivers for everthing. TP, my audio interface, etc. Check The akai site or send them a message if not there.

Tech Guru

yeah, the box itself, and everything I can find on their website states "plug and play, no drivers." which leads me to believe there isnt going to be any download. the specific problem i'm having is that when I open the editor, the device doesnt exist in the pull down menu, where I am suppossed to select the lpd8 (or usb audio device)

Tech Wizard

Ya then it def needs a driver update. Even though it states no driver it was built before windows 7 so it was updated prob only up to vista.I checked their site I dont see any driver updates for windows 7 on there. You should send a message to the support on their website http://www.akaipro.com/lpd8. I would also just go into traktor & try the learn button for an action and see if it recognizes it.

Tech Guru

no go on the learn button, doesnt recognize. I'm currently in email correspondence with akai.

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    no go on the learn button, doesnt recognize. I'm currently in email correspondence with akai.
    How did you make out I have the same issue Win 7 ultimate
    Denon 3500, TSP, VMX 1000
    WIN 7 AMD 64 ACER 4GB
    Vista 64 ASUS G71G Intel Core Duo 2 6GB
    AKAI LPD8
    http://2DUNIVERSERADIO.COM

Tech Guru

well, basically, I plugged it in, and rather than searching the web for the driver, I just searched like, the C drive? and it found it and worked somehow. It took a bit of tinkering, but It works like a charm now.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    well, basically, I plugged it in, and rather than searching the web for the driver, I just searched like, the C drive? and it found it and worked somehow. It took a bit of tinkering, but It works like a charm now.
    Hi I have the same problem I've just bought my new notebook with windows 7 and my lpd8 doesn't work! Can you tell me what is the c drive??? and where can i find it???