Will there be a f/w update 1.4?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Will there be a f/w update 1.4?

Will there be a f/w update 1.4 for the VCI-100? If so, what might it include, and when would it be available?

working on it now finally- but no promises on a release date. It would do minor bug fixes and improvements but nothing too major.

Tech Guru

any way this would also go from 1.1 or 1.2 straight to 1.4?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    working on it now finally- but no promises on a release date. It would do minor bug fixes and improvements but nothing too major.
    Ean, I don't know if you have a log yet for 1.4 requests, but aside from maximizing 10 bits out of the ADC (fingers crossed), can I make a request for the "filter/low(low)" knob to return to a single CC message instead of two?

Good work, regardless
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    any chance of doing something about the lockup-problem with midi-out and windows? i guess lots of windows users are still hoping to get visual feedback on their vci's. the problem is described in serveral threads http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...stability+poll

if it's not possible to fix this problem, there is another quite simple thing you could do to give at least limited visual feedback for those who have to deactivate midi-out in order to get a stable system. you could change the behaviour of the following buttons: snap beat, quantize, smaple, loop8 (2x), deck C/D, headphone out (2x), eq fx (2x) and the 4 buttons in the filter-section, so that they light up/change colour after pushing them (if no other midi-command received). currently there are already 3 buttons (2xscratch and deck c) which behave like this (fw1.3). if i press one of those buttons they change colour (deck c) or light up (2x scratch) even if i dont have traktor running.

i hope you understood what i mean. if not, please aks/pm me and i'll explain my suggestion more detailed.

Hopefully this hasn't already been tried and I'm not just spouting old news, but since windows users have been having problems with the midi out on, couldn't you just use Bomes to translate the signals from the VCI and program it to have proper LED feedback without having to update the firmware?

I'm working on a project right now that turns the padKontrol into a 4 deck controller, but since the product supplied mapping software doesn't allow for much, I had to use a combination of Farmpad and Bomes. Since using the non-demo version, I have realized that Bomes can do damn near anything with midi with enough tinkering.

If you made a translator instead of a firmware update, you could update it a lot easier. Just a suggestion.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Guru

if things ever slow down for me i will start a project doing an Ean inspired mapping using bome's. the main goal will be to leverage the device target support to severly cut down the size of the mappings. this will hopefully make it alot easier to do some experimenting. also it will simplify using the modifiers, since i will be handling the deck selection inside bomes. and yes this also opens the door for a lot of cool midi feedback and additional modes (like my 8 hotcue special mode i did a while back).

if anyone wants to collaborate. the first step is to just map all the buttons so that they get mapped to 4 virtual midi devices that all send the same MIDI messages.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    Hopefully this hasn't already been tried and I'm not just spouting old news, but since windows users have been having problems with the midi out on, couldn't you just use Bomes to translate the signals from the VCI and program it to have proper LED feedback without having to update the firmware?
    i haven't tried bomes myself but as much as i remember there have been some users trying to solve the problem with bomes without success. the actual problem isn't the led-feedback but the random freezes you get having midi-out turned on. some of the midi-outputs seem to overcharge the vci (buffer-overload? midi-signals interfering with each other?) which leads to a freeze in traktor. traktor continuous running after switching off the vci. but as long as nobody knows where exactly the problem is, even bomes can't help me.

i guess it needs somebody with a more detailed technical knowledge of how midi is sent in traktor and how the vci handles the midi inputs to get closer to a possible solution for the problem. so i'm still hoping for a solution privided by djtt/vestax/ni. but to me it seems like they all look in another direction acting like everything is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by hurundi View Post
    i haven't tried bomes myself but as much as i remember there have been some users trying to solve the problem with bomes without success. the actual problem isn't the led-feedback but the random freezes you get having midi-out turned on. some of the midi-outputs seem to overcharge the vci (buffer-overload? midi-signals interfering with each other?) which leads to a freeze in traktor. traktor continuous running after switching off the vci. but as long as nobody knows where exactly the problem is, even bomes can't help me.
    A simple solution would be to have Bomes act as a filter between the VCI and Traktor. All the midi from the VCI would be sent through Bomes to Traktor, but the midi out from Traktor would be filtered through Bomes in order to prevent the overload or whatever it is. So basically all the input that the VCI would receive would be from Bomes not traktor. I don't have a VCI or a windows PC for that matter, but I know that Bomes could fix the problem and correct the LED feedback.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    A simple solution would be to have Bomes act as a filter between the VCI and Traktor. All the midi from the VCI would be sent through Bomes to Traktor, but the midi out from Traktor would be filtered through Bomes in order to prevent the overload or whatever it is. So basically all the input that the VCI would receive would be from Bomes not traktor. I don't have a VCI or a windows PC for that matter, but I know that Bomes could fix the problem and correct the LED feedback.
    thaks for the tip, i installed bomes yesterday and it seems to work! i don't know why, cause bomes just passes midi thru and i expected to still get random freezes. i have to test it a little longer to be shure that it really works, but i didn't get e freeze in my 15min test with extensive use of filters/fader fx/jogs.

i'll post a more detailled answer in this thread http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...stability+poll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast