Need help with Traktor LED mapping, please.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need help with Traktor LED mapping, please.

Hey DJTT,

Been trolling the site for a couple years now, always hoped my first post would not be a plea for help! Although, if all goes well, I'll soon have a fresh Traktor performance mapping to share with Novation Twitch users.

I'm stuck on LED behavior regarding 'track end warning'. I have my play/pause button mapped to light green while deck is playing, turning red when track end warning comes up (no LED for paused deck). However, if I get into the "red zone" and then jump back (via hotcue or beatjump) somewhere in the track, I lose LED feedback until I reach the track end warning again. I'd obviously like for the LED to go back to green if I jump back from the red zone, but the LED cuts out completely in this scenario.

I've looked into mapping tutorials (particularly related to LED output) and searched as many variations of this topic as I could think of but, still can't put the pieces together. I did come across mention of this exact issue but, no solution was proposed.

Any ideas?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Frankie,

You should set the controller range from 1 to 1. You should be fine after that or at least that's what worked for most of my controllers.

Hope that helps

Thanks for your response, Stewe!

1 to 1 isn't doing it for me though. I've tried all of the following range variations, to no avail:

Green Red
    0-0 0-0
    0-0 0-1
    0-0 1-1

0-1 0-0
    0-1 0-1
    0-1 1-1

1-1 0-0
    1-1 0-1
    1-1 1-1

Any other suggestions?

Dunno, that should do... Did you by any chance have mess with MIDI range?? MIDI Range is used to set up the colors for your multicolor pads and the Controller Range is where you determine the LED state for any output command.

Yes, I have set the MIDI ranges based on what I've figured out about the Twitch's LED setup for most of its buttons:

0 = off
    1-15 = red
    16 = off

17--111 = orangish red - orange - yellow (with some off positions between the transitions)

112=off
    113-127 = green

The logical thing to me was, to set the play button's green output at 0-127 (off and full green) and the track end warning output at 0-15 (off and full red).

I got the feeling we're not on the same page mate

How so? I understand how the midi range works. Did I present the Twitch's settings in a way that doesn't make sense to you? I can try another approach if it'd be more helpful.

To reiterate, the LED does turn red as it should, it just doesn't automatically go back to green when I jump back in the track. I can't help but think that a set of modifier conditions would resolve the issue but, I just can't manage to figure out something that will work.

MIDI range is all cool but you should set the controller range in order to make this to work:

end_warning_output.jpg

I've tried all 9 possible controller range settings between the Red and Green LED outputs, with and without the blend option ticked. I even tried playing with invert.. Still no dice.

Traktor LEDs.jpg

Is it possible that I'm dealing with a limitation of the Twitch controller, not a Traktor issue? I wanted to test this with one of my Native Instruments controllers but, it seems that their LED colors are predetermined by the Controller Manager software (F1, Z1, X1 MK1, Maschine).

Thanks again for your input, I appreciate that you took the time to post a screen shot and all.

OK - this is the setting I just took out of one Twitch mapping that I found online. Hopefully this are correct values.

endwarning.jpg

I've also try out mapping End Warning Output in my F1 User map and it worked too - you need to manually assign each button output for this device.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast