Xone K2 / Maschine Mikro Mapping issues

Question Xone K2 / Maschine Mikro Mapping issues

Hi Guys,

Long time listener, first time caller…

Im stumped and really need some help mapping a Xone K2 & a Maschine Mikro V1 ….

On the Xone K2
    Trying to setup the top row of endless encoders so as rotation causes it to change loop length and when pressed turns selected length on / off as was the functionality setup on my previous controller (pioneer ddj ergo). But it seems that i can’t get it to turn on without setting a value to the loop, and if i change the loop length when playing, when turning off can’t get it to turn off without pressing it once, returning it to the loops default value, then pressing it a second time to actually turn the loop off, this is really frustrating as I like to change length of the loop while its playing to create build ups / break downs.

Encoder is set to “Loop Size Selector”
    encoder button set to “Loop Size Select + Set” have tried “set to value” as “_ _ _” but as that doesnt work, so currently have set it to “8” (my default most used loop size)

So to be (hopefully) less confusing….

Current behaviour
    Rotate knob to X loop length > Press knob to select X Loop length & start loop > loop plays > Rotate knob to adjust loop length to Y while loop playing > Press knob to return to X loop length > Press knob again to stop loop

Behaviour that I want
    Rotate knob to X loop length > Press knob to select X Loop length & start loop > loop plays > Rotate knob to adjust loop length to Y while loop playing > Press knob to stop loop

On the Maschine Mikro
    Got it setup as remix decks as one group (works great) / FX as another (also works great) / Hotcues deck 1&2 & Hotcues 3&4 as other groups these work fine, I can create & play hot cues, except for one fundamental thing I can’t actually delete hot cues… the delete button is mapped to deleting remix cells & i cant seem to make it change function depending on the selected group.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Tech Mentor

Hey Decklus

To get the K2 encoders working as desired you need to map the push to Loop Set, this activates the selected loop length. You would use Loop size select + set if you had a set of buttons you wanted to trigger different loop lengths.

How have you mapped the delete button for deleting remix cells?

I would suggest mapping a delete / shift button to make a modifier = 1 when held, 0 when released.
    When this modifier is 1 pushing the pads in remix groups deletes the cell, when in hot cue groups deletes the hotcue. This can then serve other shift functions for other groups.

To do this map the pads with modifier as 0 for main functions. Then remap the pads with secondary / delete functions with the condition modifier = 1.

For a push hold shift button (with modifier 1) do:
    If M1=0 direct M1 to 1.
    If M1=1 direct to M1 to 0, Invert ticked.

For a toggle modifier:
    If M1=0 direct M1 to 1.
    If M1=1 direct to M1 to 0, Invert not ticked.

Hope that helps.