BOHICA's place

Thread: BOHICA's place

Default BOHICA's place

Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself by giving you some insight in my stuff

I go by the dj/producer name BOHICA, you can check me out on sound cloud (will have to put more useful stuff on it later)

I produce soundscapes and interactive audio for theater as my main job and do some experiments in weird electronic shit for myself.

I started a couple of years ago with a Hercules control steel and have been buying new exciting stuff ever since .
    IMG_0461.jpgIMG_0463.jpgIMG_0464.jpg

So from left to right : Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ900 NEXUS, Kontrol Z2 mixer, Technics SL-1210MK2 turntable, Maschine Mikro mk2, Macrook pro Retina, acorn masterkey 25 keyboard, Presonus Firestudio project recording interface.

Tech Wizard

How are you liking the 900nxs?! I'm thinking of getting myself a pair to use with my Z2 x1 f1 combo...

The 2nd nexus is arriving tomorrow .

There is no HID support at the moment, so if you want that you are going to have to wait for a bit.
    They work just fine with timecode cd's, just hate that you can't send bpm information to the cdj from Traktor. With timecode you can't use most of the cdj's controls.

The CDJ itself is wonderful to use, you now have the waveform display which makes it familiar like in Traktor. I find myself using the CDJ as a standalone player with the Z2 analog through, and mixing it with traktor decks. (in await for HID support)

I wish it would be possible to have the waveforms synced from traktor too with HID, that would make it superb and you would not have to look at your laptop ever again.

It's also great to use it with an usb stick for when the computer goes down.
    Rekordbox is super slow and choppy for me, but once the songs are on the USB drive, it's a joy to use.

Is it worth the 1399 EURO a piece? I don't think so, but it's the best you can buy for deck control.

I had a kontrol s2 back in the days and I loved having jogwheels and pitch faders. So a cdj + Kontrol Z2 setup makes sense

Tech Wizard

Thanks for that thorough rundown! I think I'm definitely going to have to go have a play first when they come in at the local shop.

It certainly looks good IMG_0559.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images