Complete VCI-300 .tsi - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Hi all!! I am beside myself reading all this info regarding using the VCI-300 with Traktor. I bought it because I use SSL for my club gigs and wanted something for mobile/club gigs that don't have decks. I recently moved to Traktor Scratch Pro for club and since I really want to use the same library/playlsits etc, I thought I would have to get rid of my VCI 300.

Now on another note...I'm really up in the air about perhaps still selling the 300 and going with the 100 SE. I'm a house music dj and so effects are my forte more so that scratching etc. I never considered the 100 at the time because it didn't map with Serato. (it probably did but not as easily)

I'm def going to try out this mapping before I make up my mind...but I"m curious to hear your opinions.

Thx

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I hope youīll have fun with this mapping. For the other things please remember this thread is only about this mapping and questions and ideas concerning it. And more people might find your post and give you an answer in another or a new thread about your topic.
    By the way, if you use 2 VCI-300, you have much more possibilities to control effects and decks the same time, or to control up to 4 decks and for the case of trouble thereīs always a second controller with you. The mapping for 2 VCI-300 is the same like for one, except the allocations of the presetted effect decks. If you like the 2 deck mapping and are interested in the 4 deck version, you find informations about it in post #1.

Greets, Robin
    NI Kontrol S4 | 2 Vestax VCI-300 | NI Audio8 | NI Audio2 | MacBook Pro 2.8 | MacBook Pro 2.53 |
    iMac 27 3.06 | iPad | Sennheiser HD-25 | Shure SM-58
    S4: 1.01 | TPro: 1.2.6 | OS X: 10.6.6

Tech Wizard

Thanks very much Robin, and I will def keep taht in mind for my future posts.

I don't think I'll go to buying another VCI 300 but I will definetly try out this mapping. Has there been a demo vid created yet?? I'm a visual person...haha. Thanks again.

Ryan

Tech Wizard

Well guys...I've never considered myself such a nooob...but I'm completely lost. I've got two decks working...the cues are working...although I can't delete a cue...but no effects...no headphones...

Help?

Tech Wizard

Was no one able to shed some light for me??

Tech Student

Find attached a pic that shows the button to activate the crossfader (green). Itīs mapped with "Soft takeover". To use it, you have to move the crossfader to the actual position you see in the software

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dfpoibv View Post
    Find attached a pic that shows the button to activate the crossfader (green). Itīs mapped with "Soft takeover". To use it, you have to move the crossfader to the actual position you see in the software
    Hey dfpoibv,

Thanks for your reply. I apologize for being naive...to be honest, I look at the pictures and just get more confused. Starting from the basics, can someone explain a little more clearly the actual names of the .pdf files. If I'm using 1 VCI (which has the internal sound card) then which .pdf should I be referrring to? Also, I went ahead and assumed that the correct .tsi file was the (Robin 2-Deck #4 internal soundcard.tsi) am I right?

As for the colours...what do they represent?

I think a video would def be of help!

I'm looking forward to it
    Setup: VCI-300, Black Macbook 2.4ghz Dual core, 4gb Ram, Traktor Pro/ Serato Itch, Telephone Headphones.

Tech Convert

I have a question for you guys. I have noticed that in the mappings that you have Robin, your audio device reads as VCI-300 (4in,4out). Mine, however, is (4in, 2out). I think this explains why i am getting no volume from my headphones when i have the internal soundcard mapping on....

Any ideas on how i can rectify this?

Tech Convert

Hey Robin i was just wondering if there was a "Numbers/Excel-document of the mapping" as listed in the post. Ive been looking at the pictures but was wondering if there was some sort of doc that explained, "to enter fx mode push ___" or something of the sort for the other functions as well.

Haha im kind of new to traktor but didnt want to pay another $300 for that vfx. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for putting your time and effort into this as it looks very well thought out if i can figure out how to use it correctly.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast