eks "otus"... - Page 19
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: eks "otus"...

Quote Originally Posted by cenetaure View Post
    Actually you've try the XP10 in Bison but not the OTUS right?

I'm not a scratcher too but it can help me to know how accurate the platter can be.

Xcuse me but where did you get this information? it will be great for the future!!!

I'm sorry but i have some more questions:

how low you can get with the latency settings with the OTUS?

I guess the sound is good (you mentioned it) but is the output level is loud?
    Comparing to a line source like a cd player?

My last questions is about the pitch ribbons? is it easy to use?

Thks U for you help

I think i gonna buy 2!!!!
    part of the answers to the questions in this quote is in the post above, and here is the rest

no i havent tryed the Otus with Bison, and I dont know if there is any support for it yet, I might have to try it with the latest public beta and se if it works

As I said b4, when scratching works in Traktor Pro, and it mostly does, but its a bit glitchy, its gr8, I like the heavy feel of the platter, but cant say any more than that

the future of the 14bit midi and so on , read the post above, my memory dont serve me well, sorry

In Traktor Pro I run the Otus at 10 ms and havent feelt any need to go lower, and that was the standard set, so I havent changed it

yes the sound is good, and the line lvls are good, and as I use the headphoneoutput for channel 3 as a line lvl it is just a bit lower, but thats what u have gains for on your mixer compared to a CD player? what is that? havent used 1 for 5 years i think, so cant help u there

the pitch ribbon, as it has 3 modes I think the only thing thats bad is Traktor Pro not supporting gr8er resolution on the pitchslider is a problem, if u need it to be more accurate I just click it down a scale and adjust to the current needs
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Tech Convert

Thanks for Ur help,

I think ,i 'm gonna take 2 at the end of february. Now i'm using Serato Scratch Live and it's not compatible. But in DJmag, they said that it's will be available soon.

I'm still hesitate cause if i'm using SSL i'm must use the SL1 BOX and i can't use the audio output of the OTUS.

Maybe i'm gonna switch to Traktor pro.

Tech Wizard

You Wont See Me Paying 600 Quid For Any Plastic Midi Controller, The Price Is Just So Over The Top.

No Moving Parts Or Complicated Stuff Its Just A Controller, Should Be More Like 99 Quid.

Get The Cdj400

An Otus plastic?

Get the CDJ400?

I gotta ask you, what are you on?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by andyfoz View Post
    You Wont See Me Paying 600 Quid For Any Plastic Midi Controller, The Price Is Just So Over The Top.

No Moving Parts Or Complicated Stuff Its Just A Controller, Should Be More Like 99 Quid.

Get The Cdj400
    Epic fail on your post m8, big letters are only supposed to be used at the begining of a sentence, not on every word. Basic gramar.

And its not plastic, mostly metal, aluminium makes out the chassi of the unit, the jogwheel is like a hybrid of the platter of an 1200 and a cdj 1k, and made of metal.

There are more moving parts on the Otus than on an CDJ-400, rotarys and the jogwheel.

And it's an exelent soundcard with 2 pairs of RCA/digital out and an headphonejack.

More info? go here ----> www.eks.fi

vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Tech Convert

are U serious?

SO,you only want to pay 99 € for a controller.

In the OTUS:

I have one controller with a platter and a pitch fader (and some buttons)->99 € i push one the magic buttons...
    I have a second controller with a platter and a pitch fader (and some buttons)->99 €
    I have a 6 outputs sound card like a M-audio connectiv or the audio 4 from NI:260€
    I have a advanded MIDI controller with knobs and buttons... like a MPC from akai(145€). Actually not just like because we have much knobs and special jog wheels.
    I have a touch pad to control my laptop (i dont want to sum the price of it) or effets like a kaoss pad: i just take 100 € for this.

+99
    +145
    +260
    +100

703€

THe pioneer CDJ 400 is quite interesting but if i want two decks the price is quite expensive. It's been 4 years i don't have play a CD, so the Cdj is not for me, sorry.

Tech Wizard

just saying its well over priced for what it is, is that better grammar for you?

Well, look at cenetaure's list.

It's not overpriced.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Looks like there's a new firmware update for the OTUS. Does anyone have experience with it yet?

ye update was smoothe and it seems like it fixed a lot of stuff, most notably the scratching is fixed, now I just need to fix my settings of scratch the way i want it, and there was some fixes to lights to, have used it friday and saturday and so far so good

vestax PMC-CX