Anyone know how to make LED's light up at start up with an Allen & Heath K2?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Anyone know how to make LED's light up at start up with an Allen & Heath K2?

I am making a midi map for my K2 with Traktor and would like to have my monitor cues and play/ pause buttons light up in red on off position and when activated in green. I know about how to make leds work, but cannot find a way to make it work like this. I prefer not to use up modifier buttons..

Any help greatly appreciated
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

All the color velocity values are listed in your K2 manual. In order to set multicolor LED's in single layer you'll need to disable layering for your K2...

Go ahead and add output commands for your buttons and look under LED options where you can find MIDI range min and max slots. The 'min' represent the state off for button (enter MIDI note for red here) and for 'max' which is button active just pick MIDI note for green.

Hope that helps.

Tech Convert

You have to disable latching layers which is explained in the manual, then map the individual red and green midi notes as you want (see midi return portion of manual)

The way I have my K2 set up is that when a deck is playing, my cue button flashes red to the beat (Map out beatphase and change range to 0-0.5) and when that deck is in an active loop it flashes green to the beat. When the deck is not playing the light is off. You may or may not like that idea, but it's just another consideration.

Tech Guru

Thanks !! I thought there must be a way. I need to try this out..I have just got this thing the other day..So I need to disable to latching layers? I have tried this min and max, but not quite understanding.
    I have for example had min 1 max 127 for red..but for max (green) on another add output I put min 1 max 127. It shows red at first, but once I click on it is turns to green and off nothing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by claudek; 04-30-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Guru

another try..still does not work
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey mate, try this. Look into modifier conditions and find 'deck play'. Now for your red color set OFF and for green select ON. Curious

Tech Guru

Doesn't seem to help. I believe the layer latching is off because it is default. I never switched them.
    I have different colors, just cannot have both for an off and an on state ..
    I have tried messing with the min/max fields from 0-1 and 1-1 but once I switch the button on it does not change from red to green and back. Any ideas..
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

With Play/Pause, you must Invert the LED. I've mapped my K2 (no standard mapping taken from A&H's website) as a 1:1 emulation of the Kontrol X1. Should I upload it for you? Made 2 mappings; 1 for Deck A/B and 1 for Deck C/D.

I've utilized different colors, when track is not playing CUE button is RED, and when playing Play button is GREEN.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In case, here's the screenshot of how to map the color Red to the LED of the 3rd button from the 1st row. In my case, it's my CUE button.

M7 is my Hot Cue layer button (LAYER button) and M8 is my Shift button (EXIT SETUP button).
    Last edited by JDFS; 05-01-2013 at 04:49 AM.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

wicked..thanks a lot!!..will test this later
    Is all this done (01-00).. in the controller range or midi range?
    Last edited by claudek; 05-01-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast