I kinda went digital, my technics feel shoved out already!!
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Cole Parker's 'Recessed' Setup

February 2013 - New mixer acquired and new coffin lid cut. This (hopefully) will be the last mixer i buy...

EVER !

A crappy iphone panoramic shot for the full view

Here is my (basic) setup. i feel like this kind of setup will be regarded as boring and lacking creativitiy. no external fx machines, loopers, whatever. i like the look of many other setups in this forum, but i'm a bit of an old-fashioned dj. by that i mean i just like using a mixer and tables to get creative. i fully appreciate and respect all others choices, and have to say i'd love a go on some of the all digital ensembles. until recently i was adamant i would never move away from vinyl. 2 years ago i grabbed a bargain and bought SSL 1 off a friend. he didn't realise what he was buying, neither did i to be honest. i'm glad i took a gamble. at least i felt i was staying as true to my 'roots' as i could with a DVS...
    i've never looked back, bought cdj 900's last month. feckin love em ! the only change i will eventually make to this is a mixer upgrade. either djm 2000 or A&H db4, the price is still too high. next year they will be old news, and that's when i'll buy. they will still be good mixers for what i need. i don't dj out anymore, it's purely hobby. also, my monitors need proper placement. i'm currently looking at wall mounts. anyway, i'm happy enough with how this has turned out. i've learned a trick or two for the next coffin i make, like being a bit more careful with super glue !

Ok, so after reading a bit more about this forum i now realise it's as much about the progression of peoples setups as it is about showing off current ones ! so here are a couple of updates, or rather backdates! to mine. briefly, my 20 year old 1210 mkII's were still going strong, but i yearned for the beauty of 1200's.

January 2012 - found these on eBay with the mixer thrown in...

February 2012 - i never wanted that mixer, so i opted for the cheap yet fun packed DDM4000 as a temporary measure...

couldn't be without Serato for too long so the next day or so i hashed up a convenient (and somewhat crude) laptop stand...

March 2012 - finally i succumbed to the full digital setup...

still not totally happy. no 1200's ! which is how i ended up here on DJTT. i googled a search for dj stands and found Hedgehog's post on the ikea stands. i really fancied the flush fit look and the more i searched the web the sooner i realised i was going to have to try my hand at woodwork for myself.

April 2012 - this was the final outcome

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oldtimer; 04-27-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Man! I LOVE this table!
    Nice setup
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

thanks. built last saturday for only £35. £18 for the wood, £17 for the fabric. a real bargain

!! Nice, clean and also cheap! Great work
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

cheap indeed. and my first attempt at woodwork/furniture making !

test
    Last edited by oldtimer; 04-21-2012 at 06:19 AM.

Love this setup mate! Good to see a more 'tradition setup' in amongst the digital lads! Love the Genelecs too!!

thanks mate. genelecs poorly placed at the moment. wall brackets imminent !
    2 Technics 1200MK5's -- 2 CDJ 900's -- Xone DB4 -- Genelec 8040's -- Yamaha 01v (old school !!) -- SSL 1 -- Apple Mac G5

Nice setup dude, good work on the table and genelecs sound awesome, what model are those?

Very nice photos and nice setup.Loved the table as everyone does
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Extremely jealous of that set up man

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast