How to do jog wheel FX?

Default How to do jog wheel FX?

I'm going to be getting a Denon MC3000 soon and I'd like to be able to use the jogwheels similarly to the DJTT S2 mapping. I also want to be able to search and select the FX by holding "shift" and turning the FX knobs.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do this in Traktor, and I was wondering if any mapping gurus could guide me through the process of doing this?

To recap, I essentially want to know how to copy all of the different FX presets that Ean golden implemented into the S2 for a different controller.

I don't know about the Denon so adapt accordingly as I may miss some stuff. I assume you're talking a mapping you'll create or modify right?

Create a modifier X, learn your shift button, set it as hold to value 1
    When you map your commands on your knobs to control the fx parameters add the modifier condition when modifier X=0
    Create additional commands to select you different fx and add the modifier condition modifier X=1. You can eventually if that's relevant to also add the integrated modifier corresponding to the fx unit mode (not that important but that's up to you).
    The effect select command is easy to set up, just specify on the command your control is a knob set it accordingly (I let you choose what's best if it's either direct as relative depending on the controller). Assign to the correct Fx unit.
    As a personal tip to remember which knob does what, I usually assign the d/w to search a fx when in advanced/single mode, the 1st,2nd and 3rd knobs to the 1st,2nd and 3rd slots within group mode.

The process is quite the same for having a jogwheel mode, you need a modifier you create to activate a 'mode', usually a toggling modifier (like on/off): create a modifier that goes "direct" to 1 when it's own modifier condition is 0 and goes "direct" to 0 when it's own modifier condition is 1.
    Now when you map your 'normal' functions to your jogwheel (scratch, pitch bending, search, whatever) you remember to add the modifier condition=0.
    For Fx control, usually you use the 'touch on' control from the platter to activate the fx and set the 'starting' parameters where you like your fx to start (ie each time you'll touch the platter a fx will start from a specific value) and then you use the jog 'encoder' to control the fx parameters themselves (and you create the corresponding commands. On all those you add the condition=1 from the modifier you created above.
    Then you also need to create a set of controls to select your desired fx or fx combos.

You can also add if you think that's relevant a/several reset function to one/some of the parameters. Use the jog touch create the fx parameter command function, set it as reset and tick invert (don't forget to add the modifier condition relating to your 'jog mode').

Well, that's basically it. Hope it helps a bit as it's the short version
    Last edited by Yul; 03-29-2012 at 02:19 PM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.