X1 Mixer Mapping 1.0
    Tech Convert

Default X1 Mixer Mapping 1.0

Here is my X1 Mixer mapping. A lot of the controls act the same way as they do in the standard mapping from NI.
    To use my mapping, set your X1 to MIDI mode and load up the TSI. You can switch between Mixer Mode and FX mode, but when you change modes, soft takeover doesn't work, and your volume levels will jump.

Baiscally there are two modes in the mixer map. Mode 1 has volume knobs, high eq, mid eq and low eq set as the knobs at the top. Mode 2 uses the FX1/ON/> button in the top left as a modifier to set the knobs as Volume, Filter, high EQ, Low EQ. in Mode 2 the FX2/ON/> button is the toggle for "Filter On" on both A and B.

I've drawn a map which I hope to post here.

Ideas, feedback, requests, suggestions etc, all welcome.

(I've attached a picture in the next post)

Jimmy

X1_mixer_map_1_0.jpg

X1_mixer_map_1_1.tsi
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mixographer; 03-19-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Can't attach picture correctly.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Thanks for posting. Someone was looking for an X1 mixer mapping the other day. Did you know if you map it in NHL soft takeover will work?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I'm working on an NHL mixer mapping currently, working out some effect stuff atm.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Tech Convert

I guess I didn't know I could map it in NHL. I wanted to keep the stock mapping. I guess I would use a Modifier to flip all the other buttons over to my NHL mapping?

Quote Originally Posted by mixographer View Post
    I guess I didn't know I could map it in NHL. I wanted to keep the stock mapping. I guess I would use a Modifier to flip all the other buttons over to my NHL mapping?
    On a previous mapping of mine I deleted all the shift functions of the top half of the NHL mapping and mapped it there. I love the hardware modifiers on the X1, makes mapping so much easier.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mixographer View Post
    Yep you can pick one button that's something you don't really use and use it as a modifier. I also use the beat phase monitor out command to make something flash only when it's in mixer mode to give a visual.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x