iphone, touchosc, traktor pro plus an s4, some queries!?
    Tech Student

Question iphone, touchosc, traktor pro plus an s4, some queries!?

hey,

just in the process of making a layout for traktor and an iphone 4, i have got 4 deck pages wit various controls and a mixer page which wil share some of the same controls ie play, cue etc. i have the deck pages working fine but on the mixer page ive assigned the same cc no as on the deck page for play, cue, sync, etc but they aint working, do i have to split the values for each? as in deck pages 1-63 and mixer page 64-127!? or how do i have the same controls work from different pages? it would be handy if they pages them selves could be modifiers!? any shed any light on a work around here? its probably starring me in the face but cant see the solution!?

also i haven't tried it yet, but when using the iphone with the s4 kontrol what settings should i have in the in and out ports? default kontrol s4 or my midi network (port 5004) in and kontrol s4 out? other way around??

any input would be great!!!

cheers

Tech Student

anyone? someone out there must have a play button on more than one page and know how its done?

cheers

Well, yes if it's the same control assigned to the same parameter(s) and/or assigned eventually assigned to the same deck(s) you can use the same cc message and channel.

also i haven't tried it yet, but when using the iphone with the s4 kontrol what settings should i have in the in and out ports? default kontrol s4 or my midi network (port 5004) in and kontrol s4 out? other way around??
    Just use Touchosc bridge...
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Wizard

i have the deck pages working fine but on the mixer page ive assigned the same cc no as on the deck page for play, cue, sync, etc but they aint working, do i have to split the values for each? as in deck pages 1-63 and mixer page 64-127!?
    Its been awhile since I made my first mapping but in my mappings each page uses its own midi channel separate from the others. For example you can see in the screenshot below I have 6 pages. all the midi on my mixer page runs on channel 1 . So all the controls on that page in the touchOSC editor use channel 1 for their midi, deck A uses channel 2, and so on. I know it works even if its kinda tedious.

Heres a link to an older version of my mapping 4 Deck Touch OSC traktor mapping . im wrapping up work on an updated version that supports Traktor 2, Midi over wifi (no osculator) and some other goodies. Almost done just testing a little bit more. screen below of v2.

NEW v2 Deck Controls:

If your on a mac and using coreMIDI, open the 'Audio Midi Setup' application. Put your iphone on the same wifi network. Double click network icon, find iphone in list of devices and hit connect. Then in controller manager you should see a generic midi device hooked up on 'session 1'.

If your using OSCulator then its a little different. My old post might cover that a bit. But I highly recommend coreMIDI over osculator.

hope that helps, ill update with a link to new mapping when its done

Tech Wizard

Just finished functionality on the new layout. Still not 100% done but everything is there. I have it in my dropbox account, i can share with people if you pm your email.

Im gonna put all the update info in my old thred: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=18397