Will my Laptop Run Traktor Pro 2?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will my Laptop Run Traktor Pro 2?

With the S2 being only $399, I am about to pull the trigger on buying one. That is if it is compatable with my Gateway notebook. I have no DJ experience and am not very good with computers. I will be jumping right into the deep end, so I need help!

Will my laptop run the Traktor Kontrol Pro 2 software without all the glitching problems I have been hearing about?

Make: Gateway.
    Model: MX6455 Platinum Edition Notebook.
    Software: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition.

Operates At: 2.0 GHz, 1 MB L2 Cache and Hyper Transport. Technology at up to 1600 MHz.

Thats all I really know about the laptop because it says so on the side of the box.

Thanks in advance guys! (and girls)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You might want to put 2gb of ram in it since it's the minimum required by T2. Not sure about the processor, i've always been an intel guy.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by AudioOutlaw View Post
    With the S2 being only $399, I am about to pull the trigger on buying one. That is if it is compatable with my Gateway notebook. I have no DJ experience and am not very good with computers. I will be jumping right into the deep end, so I need help!

Will my laptop run the Traktor Kontrol Pro 2 software without all the glitching problems I have been hearing about?

Make: Gateway.
    Model: MX6455 Platinum Edition Notebook.
    Software: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition.

Operates At: 2.0 GHz, 1 MB L2 Cache and Hyper Transport. Technology at up to 1600 MHz.

Thats all I really know about the laptop because it says so on the side of the box.

Thanks in advance guys! (and girls)
    It's hard to tell without someone already owning your system and testing it.

If you need a cheap quality laptop that will work plug and play let me know.

Send me a PM.
    Aamir | http://www.TraktorLaptops.com (Traktor Ready Windows Laptops)
    My Sounds | http://soundcloud.com/DeepCutta
    Using the S2/S4 with Windows? | Read this Thread

doubt it to be honest...

"scores" from cpubenchmark.net

your laptop
    AMD Turion 64 Mobile ML-37 494

my laptop (which used to struggle)
    Intel Core i3 350M @ 2.27GHz 2090

Gateway MX6455 (Turion 64 Mobile 2 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB HDD) specifications

General
    System Type Notebook
    OS Provided Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
    Service & Support 1 year warranty
    Screen type Widescreen
    Wireless capabilities IEEE 802.11b , IEEE 802.11g
    Processor / Chipset
    Processor AMD Turion 64 mobile technology ML-37 / 2.0 GHz
    Cache L2 cache - 1.0 MB
    64-bit Computing Yes
    Chipset ATI Radeon Xpress 200M
    Features Integrated memory controller , HyperTransport technology , AMD64 technology , PowerNow! technology , Enhanced Virus Protection
    Memory
    RAM 1.0 GB ( 2 x 512 MB )
    Max RAM Supported 2.0 GB
    Technology DDR SDRAM
    Speed 333.0 MHz / PC2700
    Form Factor SO DIMM 200-pin
    Slots Qty 2
    Empty Slots 0.0
    Storage
    Hard Drive 120.0 GB HDD / 4200.0 rpm
    Optical Drive DVD±RW (+R DL)
    Read Speed 24x (CD) / 8x (DVD)
    Write Speed 24x (CD) / 8x (DVD±R) / 2.4x (DVD+R DL)
    Rewrite Speed 10x (CD) / 4x (DVD±RW)
    Optical Drive (2nd) None
    Hard drive type Portable
    Display
    Type 15.4 in
    Max Resolution 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )
    Widescreen Yes
    Image Aspect Ratio 16:10
    Features UltraBrite technology
    Audio & Video
    Graphics Processor ATI Radeon X300
    Memory Allocation Technology Shared video memory (UMA)
    Max Allocated RAM Size 64.0 MB
    Sound Microphone
    Compliant Standards AC '97
    Input
    Type Keyboard , Touchpad
    Communications
    Wireless 802.11b/g
    Network Interface 10/100 Ethernet
    Modem
    Protocols & Specifications ITU V.92
    Max Transfer Rate 56.0 Kbps
    Battery
    Technology 8-cell Lithium ion
    Connections & Expansion
    Slots 2.0 x Memory ( 0.0 free ) , 1.0 x CardBus ( 1.0 free )
    Interfaces 4.0 x Modem - Phone line - RJ-11 , 1.0 x Network - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) , 1.0 x Microphone - Ethernet 10/100 - Mini-phone 3.5 mm , 1.0 x Hi-Speed USB - Input - Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm , 1.0 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire) - Output - RJ-45 , 1.0 x Headphones - 4 pin USB Type A , 1.0 x Display / video
    Memory Card Reader 4 in 1 card reader ( Memory Stick ) , ( Memory Stick PRO ) , ( MultiMediaCard ) , ( SD Memory Card )
    Software
    Software Included Microsoft Office 2003 Student and Teacher Edition (Trial) , RealPlayer , Google Toolbar , Digital Image Starter Edition 2006 (Trial) , Microsoft Works 8.5 , AOL 9.0 (with 6 months membership included) , Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 , Cyberlink PowerDVD , Microsoft Money 2006 , BigFix , Napster Software (Trial) , Apple QuickTime , Microsoft Encarta Online , Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 , CyberLink Power2Go , McAfee Internet Security Suite (Trial) , Microsoft Internet Explorer
    Miscellaneous
    Features Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately)
    Dimensions & Weight
    Width 14.1 in
    Depth 10.4 in
    Height 1.4 in
    Weight 6.4 lbs
    keepin' it real since 1999... DJAdamDaniel.co.uk

Tech Mentor

You won't be able to load up 16 effects and tempo lock them with 7 effects going, but in theory, yes, you should be able to run TP2.

Are you just doing simple 2 deck mixing @ 10ms latency? That really doesn't require much processing...

If you already have the laptop, install it and see. If you find it doesn't cut it, sell your laptop and get something better.

Thanks for the help everyone. As it turns out my laptop does not have the power to run Traktor Pro 2. I sent my laptop to CompUSA to see if I can have them upgrade it. Hopefully that will solve this issue.

i'd be surprised if you can upgrade your laptop enough, it will probably need a new motherboard to run a faster cpu. cost-wise you'de be better off with a new laptop imho (most sub-£400 laptops will be fine, i3/i5 cpu)
    keepin' it real since 1999... DJAdamDaniel.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DJAdamDaniel View Post
    i'd be surprised if you can upgrade your laptop enough, it will probably need a new motherboard to run a faster cpu. cost-wise you'de be better off with a new laptop imho (most sub-£400 laptops will be fine, i3/i5 cpu)
    As it turns out, you are absolutley right. They quoted me $375 and told me that it was in my best interest to just invest in a new laptop; So it looks like I am in the market for a new computer. I really dont want to hand over $1,200 for a Macbook Pro, plus I really like Windows so I am thinking about an HP. I'm leaning toward the HP 14" Pavilion DM4-3055DX

Anymore advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by AudioOutlaw; 03-14-2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: update

Banned

The macbook pro 13" standard is ready to use out of box for traktor pro 2.
    The price is a bit high, but macs are known to last for 5 years or even more.

Instead of always upgrading the windows laptop evert 2 years, and purchasing virus protection ( Norton Anti-Virus ) which isn't free. You have to pay for virus protection and that isn't cheap. Macs on the other hand you don't pay for virus protection they never get viruses and live a lot longer then your average windows pc.

Think about the long run.. Will you upgraded more parts in your pc over the next years? New ram? New Sound card? Video Card?
    Etc.. The cost is about the same to a 1,200.00 macbook pro which comes stock with the top of the line processor & ram.

I would lean towards the 1,200.00 macbook pro 13" thats what i have, bought macbook pro 13" & traktor s2 same day at guitar center, went home and started learning within a hour of registering my mac online.

Quote Originally Posted by ExTrCt. View Post
    The macbook pro 13" standard is ready to use out of box for traktor pro 2.
    The price is a bit high, but macs are known to last for 5 years or even more.

Instead of always upgrading the windows laptop evert 2 years, and purchasing virus protection ( Norton Anti-Virus ) which isn't free. You have to pay for virus protection and that isn't cheap. Macs on the other hand you don't pay for virus protection they never get viruses and live a lot longer then your average windows pc.

Think about the long run.. Will you upgraded more parts in your pc over the next years? New ram? New Sound card? Video Card?
    Etc.. The cost is about the same to a 1,200.00 macbook pro which comes stock with the top of the line processor & ram.

I would lean towards the 1,200.00 macbook pro 13" thats what i have, bought macbook pro 13" & traktor s2 same day at guitar center, went home and started learning within a hour of registering my mac online.
    Nortan is possibly one of the worst bits of antivirus software you can ever install on a computer, It's sold to people who don't have a clue what they are doing IMO. Theres plenty of free software which does an adequate job of keeping any malware at bay, and if you know a bit about computers and have some common sense you shouldn't even need anti-virus software.

He has said he doesn't want a Mac. Why do people insist on recommending Macs as if they are the only laptops you can get which are reliable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast