Help, S2 keeps droping out

Default Help, S2 keeps droping out

After a few minutes of playing my s2 keeps unmounting from my laptop. Idk whats going on I just set it up today. running windows 7 AMD Turion II Ultra Dual Core mobile m620 2.50 GHz, 4 gig ram, 64 bit system.

I cant figure out whats wrong. maybe I should delete everything and do a fresh install
    Setup - DJM-900Nexus, Kontrol F1, Kontrol x1 MK2, Lenovo Yoga 11s i7 8gig ram, 256 SSD.

Tech Mentor

Hi mate, are you going through a usb hub? The S2 requires usb 2, It doesnt like usb 3. I dont know if win 7 has the option, but disable putting usb devices to sleep (its called something along those lines). Check all the cables are tight, reboot and see if its ok?
    Good luck mate
    TSP 2, S2, Audio 8, Maschine, 1210's, Launchpad, iPad, Nocturn 25, LPD8

www.audioj.webs.com S2 users check it out

www.JigAudio.webs.com Maschine goodness & other stuff

Im using usb 2 port. I used to run my audio 8 off the same port when i used a dvs setup and never had this issue. I had programmed the ports to never shut off in the past but can't hurt to double check. The thing is if i cycle the s2 off and back on it gets recognized by the computer again
    Setup - DJM-900Nexus, Kontrol F1, Kontrol x1 MK2, Lenovo Yoga 11s i7 8gig ram, 256 SSD.

Update, Im a douche and didnt upload the s2 mapping twice so I just uploaded again and havent had a problem since

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by wunderman4 View Post
    Update, Im a douche and didnt upload the s2 mapping twice so I just uploaded again and havent had a problem since
    I got the same issue, but I donŽt understand how youŽd make it work?

Tech Convert

I was having the same problem with my s2, i am running on mac osx. I found that it was a problem with the usb connection on my actual s2. sadly it required a return to my local music store and i am still waiting on the repairs to come in.

just something to think about if you are not having any luck.

-will

Tech Convert

i think you guys should have a look at audio set up-latency-settings and then change usb buffer,try 4ms