S2 backpack?

Thread: S2 backpack?

Tech Wizard

Default S2 backpack?

Hey guys..
    I was a very proud owner of the VCI-100 SE ARCADE edition controler..had mad fun with it and made a lot of heavy duty noise with it in the clubs..now i've upgraded, if i can say that cause i dont think that its a HUGE upgrade, to NI KONTROL S2..and now i have a problem..i need a backpack that can fit my controler & my mackbook with its charger, 2 USB cables, headphones, 3 RCA cables, a mic with a cable, audio 4 with 2 control cds and connection cables whitch i carrey with me just in case...im concidering on buying the DJ TT S2 backpack but in the video and in the pictures i cant see if this all will fit..?
    thank you for your help...

Tech Wizard

i have searched the web and this forum and saw FUSION DJ MIX bag whitch will i think fit everything and the MAGMA ROLLTOP BACKPACK which is the ugliest but the biggest one..but if somebody has a DJ TT S2 BACKPACK and can confirm me that these elements can fit in it i will buy that one cause its the pritiest

I had the same issue. I used to carry pretty much the same as you and had it all in the UDG Creator 17" wheeled controller bag which was fantastic quality. I gig every weekend and have been through loads of bags, Magma gig bag, UDG Producer bag, Mono controller bag. All but the UDG Creator fell apart after a few months of gigging. After getting my S2 i had no choice but to retire the UDG Creator and have now got the Fusion Workstation bag.
    http://www.fusion-bags.com/products-...ation-dj-47621

This bag is amazing quality and has stacks of space. Im pretty sure its going to stand up to the pressures of gigging and i would highly recommend you give it serious consideration. It looks pretty good too.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Slackman25 View Post
    I had the same issue. I used to carry pretty much the same as you and had it all in the UDG Creator 17" wheeled controller bag which was fantastic quality. I gig every weekend and have been through loads of bags, Magma gig bag, UDG Producer bag, Mono controller bag. All but the UDG Creator fell apart after a few months of gigging. After getting my S2 i had no choice but to retire the UDG Creator and have now got the Fusion Workstation bag.
    http://www.fusion-bags.com/products-...ation-dj-47621

This bag is amazing quality and has stacks of space. Im pretty sure its going to stand up to the pressures of gigging and i would highly recommend you give it serious consideration. It looks pretty good too.
    Do you mind posting actual pics? Thanks!

Tech Wizard

thank you for the info..i'd rather go for the DJ MIX bag..but first i need to hear if the DJ TT S2 backpack is a fit for my problem cause that was my first pick..i found the FUSION DJ MIX bag for a great price..so ill see what to buy ..thank you for your expirience and opinion

the fusion mix bag WILL fit everything you are looking at carrying... I don't have any experience with the DJTT bag though sorry

Tech Guru

I use the Targus Citygear Rolling laptop bag... http://www.amazon.com/Targus-CityGea.../dp/B0002YY9PG

I am waaaay past the need to carry everything on my shoulders. A rolling bag is just fine with me. I have used bag as an "overnight" bag for work trips for a couple years. It has held up reasonably well. I can fit "business casual" clothes for 3 days, plus laptop & reasonable paperwork in the bag. This bag is about the max airplane carryon size, and counts as your main carryon. I have never tried to get this under a seat...but always opted for the overhead bin. I have a smaller briefcase / laptop bag that counts as the "personal item" that I also take when I fly, in case I need more space.

For DJing, the bag easily holds:

S2
    14" laptop
    Pro Crane Stand
    All cables, power supplies, patch cords, headphones

The S2 fits in the "back" big pocket. The pocket is well padded, but I do want to get a decksaver for the S2 before I do any major road trips. Even "normal wear & tear" of shoving it into an overhead bin would make me nervous.

And the bag can still hold a "car visor" 10 CD holder, 2.5" external harddrive, clipboard with contracts & paperwork, flashlight, multimeter, multitool, earplugs, water bottle, a couple books, and lots of other bits & pieces.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Wizard

today my FUSION DJ MIX BAG has arrived...and it fits everything i wanted..its not pretty like the DJ TT S2 backpack but its just a matter of taste...and i found it for 140$ so all is well :-D ..thanks for your help guys..

Tech Wizard

18" laptop bag ftw