NoRequest's S2 mapping available for $5. Intuitive and HUGE!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default NoRequest's S2 mapping available for $5. Intuitive and HUGE!!!

Fellow DJTT S2 Users,

I've been working on a NHL/MIDI mode map now for several weeks and am ready to share my work with you for a nominal fee. I pride myself in believing the map is very intuitive, even for those who are completely new to layered maps. In MIDI mode I've mapped LED feedback to let you know which mode you are in. Here is a quick run down. I'm working on my "user manual" as you're reading this.

NHL mode features regular mixer, transport, Jog browsing, DJTT Jog F/X, other default functions up until you enter Sample Deck mode(s). Once there you'll find controls for individual Slot volume (F/X control knobs), Jog Turn (scratch), EQ controls for C and/or D, individual Slot Filter/Size (Loop encoders w/ custom shift) and load from Loop Recorder. Which brings us to Loop Recorder controls housed in the Sample Deck volume/select area.

There's also C & D volume and EQ controls on the fly w/o having to enter Sample Deck mode by simply holding corresponding deck's shift.

There's a few other features like Snap/Quant toggles, Recording w/ Gain knob and cut button, and Beat Tap.

And that's all in NHL mode!

MIDI MODE is something that really sets this mapping apart from anything I've seen posted here or anywhere's on the the net.

I kind of refer to it as a "Modular" set-up because you can control ANY deck or F/X bank from either deck by scrolling between modes with the Filter/Gain knob and seeing corresponding LED feedback similar (but bigger) to the DJTT Jog F/X preset selection. The LED's run through the upper 4 button LEDs (1-4) then down through the Cue Point button LEDs (5-8)

Modes 1-4 give you control over the Decks

Mode 1 on the left side controls Deck A
    Mode 2 on the left side controls Deck C (sample or track w/ button to toggle between the two)
    Mode 3 on the left side controls Deck B
    Mode 4 on the left side controls Deck D (sample or track w/ button to toggle between the two)

Then just because it felt right

Mode 1 on the right side controls Deck B
    Mode 2 on the right side controls Deck D (sample or track w/ button to toggle between the two)
    Mode 3 on the right side controls Deck A
    Mode 4 on the right side controls Deck C (sample or track w/ button to toggle between the two)

When in a "Deck mode" on either side EQ functions work as you'd expect them, no jumps in sound (Soft Takeover). The F/X knobs control Mixer extras from left to right Gain (button resets to 0), Filter (button Toggles on/off), Key (button Toggles on/off), and Pan or Deck balance (button drops beat marker).

There is a shift in Mode 1 on either deck (corresponding Filter/Gain knob, used regularly throughout the MIDI map) that will give you access to Grid Marker movement and Grid BPM adjustment by using the Loop Size/Move encoders.

Modes 5-8 control FX banks 1-4 accordingly

When in FX mode 5&6 (cue point LEDs 1&2) you are controlling Group FX units 1&2 via regular knobs, JOG FX, or Tempo/Loop Encoders/Volume Fader. EQ controls select effects 1-3. Cue Point buttons turn on Effect units in the mixer, whereas a variety off buttons and the jog touch turns on the effect(s) themselves.

FX modes 7&8 (cue point LEDs 3&4) control single FX units 3&4. Again controlled by either regular F/X knobs, Jog, or Tempo/Loop Encoders, Volume Fader. I've also added ArmyOfMe's transition effects into FX modes 4 on either deck. I will be adding his Jog F/X to FX modes 2 for either deck as well.

ALRIGHT STOP!!! At this point you're probably overwhelmed as I know I am trying to type and explain it!

All of these controls are set up to mirror the other deck. Once you give this a whirl you will not get lost as you have LED feedback to let you know where your at. I've also set up auto mode switching from Browsing controls so when you load a track you're automatically put back to mode 1 on both decks.

For only $5 you will see the true potential of your device.

Send PayPal payment to rodgerh34@gmail.com
    Last edited by DJ Abide; 02-07-2012 at 04:56 PM.

I'll be getting on together soon! I think I'll actually speak too, and I'm not very keen about speaking on YouTube video's haha.

I did make a quick vid a few weeks ago showing the base for the MIDI map though, as far as the LED feedback goes. Also you can see the some of the map features I did in the past for the Stanton SCS3s. I'm no slouch when it comes to mapping.

Mixing on the other hand? mehhh. haha

http://www.youtube.com/user/rodgcc?feature=guide

Tech Student

Perfect timing! I was just starting my own map, sounds like you have done all the hard work.

sending some $ now will report back once I play around with it.

Thanks! Put this video together tonight. I'll be "filling orders" first thing tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWOK_...e_gdata_player

Tech Student

I agree, it does sound a bit like a 'quick fix' solution.Surely you can never be 100% absolutely certain that something won't go wrong.
    Warranted essay writers will be satisfied to furnish you with well composed and renewed tasks within the fully insignificant time. They are shrewd in all issues and can pass reviews on any delicate perspectives.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by norequest View Post
    Thanks! Put this video together tonight. I'll be "filling orders" first thing tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWOK_...e_gdata_player
    ahh crap its for s2... i thought it was s4.

Will it work for the s4?

Quote Originally Posted by d4dirty View Post
    ahh crap its for s2... i thought it was s4.

Will it work for the s4?
    Refund sent.

Sorry about the confusion.

To other would be customers I'll be "filling orders" in about 5 hours time. Headed out to the golf course in Feb. in Chicago. Global warming.

NHL mode video

Here is my second video explaining most aspects of the NHL mode map.

The main feature here is individual Sample Slot control modes (entered with FX buttons when in either Sample Deck mode)

This allows for individual Sample Slot volume, filter, play, phase sync, sample slot size, key lock on/off, fx assign on/off, slot monitor cue, and NRTT exclusive Slot Juggle

http://youtu.be/98m9XB7RwSI

Tech Mentor

What about a s4 mapping i willing to pay it too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast