DJTT S2 v1.1 Mapping Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default DJTT S2 v1.1 Mapping Thread

This thread is to be used as the official thread for sharing any issues, bugs, questions, and general feedback for the DJ Techtools Kontrol S2 Custom Mapping, version 1.1.

The DJTT S2 Mapping is now FREE to Download. See here: http://www.djtechtools.com/midi-map/

Note: This mapping has been updated to version 1.2. For details on the updated mapping, see this forum thread here: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=47139
    Last edited by flashflooder; 02-23-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

hi there, i am interested to get the S2 DJTT mapping but however i have read that there are several crucial bugs so far:

-I have read a few reporting "The BeatJump knob glitch" - is this a known bug or does it somehow only affect some people

-The LED metering bug - some people have reported a strange behaviour on the LED in which only one song is playing but both LEDs are on even when on the setting it should be correct

These two are rather crucial for me (especially the beatjump knob - i use them quite a lot) which is why i am asking if these are known bugs or not

Thanks!
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Mentor

Hi, I just wanted o say, I have the djtt s2 mapping, the bugs mentioned take about 5 seconds to correct. The level meters are set to master & beatjump is set to 1(change it to loop size). Seriously, just buy it. Its worth the money any day of the week. Id say the master level thing isn't a bug at all. The beatjump, maybe but it is easy to correct. Get it, you will be happy

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggle View Post
    Hi, I just wanted o say, I have the djtt s2 mapping, the bugs mentioned take about 5 seconds to correct. The level meters are set to master & beatjump is set to 1(change it to loop size). Seriously, just buy it. Its worth the money any day of the week. Id say the master level thing isn't a bug at all. The beatjump, maybe but it is easy to correct. Get it, you will be happy

Its most def worth the $5 bucks. You won't be disappointed.
    15 inch macbook pro - Traktor Kontrol S2 - Stanton T-60's - Traktor Audio 10
    I'm Dj Kave Check me out : )
    Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/djkave
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/djkavex Fan Page : )

Sweet thanks for the Input guys!
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Hey guys just bought the mapping - everything is GREAT SO FAR
    although one minor gripe - the jogwheels seem to respond differently in normal mode (non-jog FX)

I can kinda feel that the ultra high resolution jogwheel response of the S2 suddenly goes... different, the jogwheel actually has some slight latency upon release compared to the default mapping of the S2

I am quite happy with the mapping but I kinda wished they can keep the jogwheel feel of the original S2 when the jog fx is not activated
    Setup:

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggle View Post
    Hi guys newbie here!

Greeting from Bangkok, Thailand!

I bought this mapping for a month now and everything just perfect for use. I was on my first gig last weekend with my s2 Ean's mapping. It was totally awesome! lots of ppl asked me how to do this and that. BTW, i'm trying to follow your configuration on level meters LED and beatjump but i got kinda lost thought lol. Any suggestion to fix this? Thx in advance.

Tech Mentor

First up thanks for putting this together. The Jog FX just make DJ'ing loads of fun. People can actually see that you are doing something!! The FX combo's you have created are really impressive and whats more actually very usable!!

Some things:

1. The S2 mapping seems to disable the LED meter options for PGM. Instead you are forced to have Master (I want PGM) ...... Anyone having this issue?
    EDIT: You can change this in the mapping

2. Sometimes I like to use the Jog FX on the Sample Decks, but every time I press the jogwheel it engages Deck A/B. I would rather have to remember to engage FX1/2 for Deck A/B in order to get Jog FX going and be able to use them on Deck C/D.

3. Some little things to consider adding??
    SHIFT + Sample Vol = Deck A+B Zoom
    SHIFT + Engage C = SNAP toggle
    SHIFT + Engage D = QUANT toggle
    SHIFT + CUE = Faves +/-

It would be fun if we could use the Jog Wheel to control the Filter instead of using the Gain.
    Last edited by rishi; 12-21-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: change info

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rishi View Post
    First up thanks for putting this together. The Jog FX just make DJ'ing loads of fun. People can actually see that you are doing something!! The FX combo's you have created are really impressive and whats more actually very usable!!

Some things:

1. The S2 mapping seems to disable the LED meter options for PGM. Instead you are forced to have Master (I want PGM) ...... Anyone having this issue?
    EDIT: You can change this in the mapping

2. Sometimes I like to use the Jog FX on the Sample Decks, but every time I press the jogwheel it engages Deck A/B. I would rather have to remember to engage FX1/2 for Deck A/B in order to get Jog FX going and be able to use them on Deck C/D.

3. Some little things to consider adding??
    SHIFT + Sample Vol = Deck A+B Zoom
    SHIFT + Engage C = SNAP toggle
    SHIFT + Engage D = QUANT toggle
    SHIFT + CUE = Faves +/-

It would be fun if we could use the Jog Wheel to control the Filter instead of using the Gain.
    Hi Rishi,

Can you please lead me the way to change LED master to PGM?
    Thanks in advance!

Tech Mentor

Goto the tsi and find the item Master Level. There will be two. Delete both.

Add OUT - Output - Monitor Deck PFL Mono Set to A-Level Meter Assignment Deck A
    Add OUT - Output - Monitor Deck PFL Mono Set to B-Level Meter Assignment Deck B

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast