Instant Gratification working well on Deck A only... Help please !
    Tech Convert

Question Instant Gratification working well on Deck A only... Help please !

Hi everyone,
    I recently got a traktor s4 with a midi-fighter, I've mapped the midi-fighter with the instant gratification mapping following attentively these steps: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33998.
    However everything seemed to work well on deck A, except maybe for the 4 top buttons who doesn't work as banks... these 4 buttons actually are the only ones working as effects on deck B (gater, gater, filter lfo, lofi). When I hit the buttons from the 3 bottom rows, the effects are the right ones accordingly to the instant gratification mapping (for deck A), but when I'm playing on deck B, they seem to disactivate the FX slot where the effects that are suppose to be heard are. On deck C, only the bottom row of buttons seems to work, but in a bizarre way (lofi and filter lfo don't work if not with the gater). On deck D, nothing really work fine. The main problem seems that no matter which button I push it seems to activate or disactivate an FX slot (1,2,3,4). I also don't really understand the concept of the banks for the 4 top buttons, but one thing sure is that they aren't working right.

I don't know if everything was clear, if you want any more precision on my problem please ask me. This is my first post, I'm new to all this mapping stuff so it might be something really simple and stupid. I thank you in advance for your help!
    Last edited by Skywalker; 11-09-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Have you got the midi fighter utility and enabled four banks mode (internal)

oh and import the TSI file twice, sometimes solves issues
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Tech Convert

Thanks Lecko, I'll try install it twice. For the midi fighter utility, do I only have to download the application or do I also have to go in the menu mode of the midi-fighter (because I have tried to do that, but nothing appeared on my computer, I don't know if that's normal and that everything I have to do to enable 4 banks mode is internal, I just don't get it...) ?

I think you only need to use the Midi Fighter Utility nowadays, that has an updater and modes to select within it,

I'm not to clued up on the whole thing either but I managed to get it working from Ean's video and a few pointers in the top of this Midi Fighter forum
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Tech Convert

Thanks a lot man its finally working ! So fun !

Tech Student

Default i have the same problem

How did you fixed. Deck A plays fine and then for deck B only one row works. I have click the number on deck B to use the effect.

Tech Convert

Have you installed the midi fighter utility to enable the 4 banks mode internal ? It was the problem for me. This thread shows well how to do it: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36799