Sharing my Music sorting procedure - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    zestoi I dont use beatunes and dont have any knowledge of it to offer my opinion sorry.

I am happy with Mixed in key 4, not planning on upgrading to MIK5 for now.

going to check the blog as there was a write up on a few. will be back with a result for ya soon

found it. here we go Key analysis software reviews
    cheers... (and for the pm). i think i'll try beatunes... at 30$ it's probably less costly to buy a copy than spend too much time worry about the pros and cons

i was putting off buying mik as it's not quite so cheap - but now i'm using itunes the beatunes app seems a better fit anyway. time will tell i guess...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

sebastiannz

Does anyone know how to transfer the info I currently have in the 'Comments' field to the 'Key' field that shows up in Traktor and rekordbox? The mp3 tagging software I've tried (id3 editor, Jaikoz and media rage) don't have the option of adding to the 'Key' field. I want to do this so when I use cdjs I can scroll through tracks by the key option.

sebastiannz

Scratch that, id3 editor can do this

Hey Zaniac,
    had some problems with tractor losing my cue points and loops i'd created after i replaced my hard drive, so i'm thinking to try out your method and sort out my iTunes library..just wondered if you're still using this method with no changes etc? thanks!

if anyone can help with this, would be much appreciated -

so i'm going to clear my iTunes and tractor collections and import all my music in again, with the method Zaniac describes here...
    as i'll be bringing the tunes in bit by bit, i.e. album by album etc to analyse, write tags etc...is there a method anyone can suggest to notice if i have any corrupt files at the same time? it seems like this would be a good time to get rid of those if i'm doing the rest of the processes.
    many thanks in advance!

The day iTunes supports FLAC I'll use iTunes. I love the smart playlists, but I've ripped 100s of old vinyl tracks in FLAC....

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Abbott View Post
    Hey Zaniac,
    had some problems with tractor losing my cue points and loops i'd created after i replaced my hard drive, so i'm thinking to try out your method and sort out my iTunes library..just wondered if you're still using this method with no changes etc? thanks!
    I'm pretty much a creature of habit when it comes to this process mate. I find it helps me to just enjoy the music when having a jam. . so yes still using this procedure. I just make sure I do all of the steps before loading into traktor.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    The day iTunes supports FLAC I'll use iTunes. I love the smart playlists, but I've ripped 100s of old vinyl tracks in FLAC....
    But being lossless, if you used a decent encoder, transcoding to another lossless format should not impair the quality at all. I used flac for some time then got frustrated and went to ALAC.
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234