Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 12
Page 12 of 113 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

I just dropped it off at UPS to send back to proaudiostar, hopefully this doesn;t take too long

the effects on the db4 are incredible and make some of traktor's effects sound like a joke.

the reverbs and delays are out of this world. I love the nextdoor reverb it sounds exactly like you are standing outside a club then you bring the d/w down and it's like you are walking inside.

I'm checking my tracking info on the hour but I know that the soonest i'll get it is WEd or Thur. lol. I'm such a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    I'm checking my tracking info on the hour but I know that the soonest i'll get it is WEd or Thur. lol. I'm such a tool.
    It's truly incredible, I hadn't even seen one in person until I got mine. I mixed with it a bit last night by messing in the menu and setting the booth output to output cue/headphones and plugging my headphones into the booth output.

traktor's effects are toys in comparison. the bpm detection is outstanding and the in line loopers are awesome and way more useful than traktor's autolooping a lot of the time.

Just wanna throw this out there: A DJ makes or breaks the set... Not his or her gear.

#Justsayin'

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    Just wanna throw this out there: A DJ makes or breaks the set... Not his or her gear.

#Justsayin'
    What makes you think that people don't already know that..?
    Pretty sure the guys around here know that. They are just discussing technology which is kinda that point of the forum, to a degree.

Your point sounds a little condescending to me dude. Yeah..?

#Justsayin'
    We are all well aware that gear doesn't improve skill but gear can make a set by giving tools you just can't do with other stuff- and if you really believe that then by all means have fun with two turntables and a two channel mixer.... However it is not a reason not to get awesome pieces of technology that make the whole process more fun, enjoyable, reliable, and sound better regardless of whether or not it could be done with other gear.

If I really like and am passionate about the gear I'm using then I am more comfortable and mix better and the gear gives inspiration and dictates workflow.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 11-07-2011 at 04:11 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

#Justsayin'
    I don't necessarily agree, better tools in the hands of a good DJ will make for better sets. Sure that same DJ would put out a killer set on a $400 mixer, but put a DB4 in his hands and the set would undoubtedly be better. If not what's the point in spending $2500 on a mixer?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

#Justsayin'
    God damnit, seriously? I just wasted like a TON of money on all this gear and ... that won't make me better? Fuck. Guess I better go return my 4 CDJ2000s and DJM2000.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I don't necessarily agree, better tools in the hands of a good DJ will make for better sets. Sure that same DJ would put out a killer set on a $400 mixer, but put a DB4 in his hands and the set would undoubtedly be better. If not what's the point in spending $2500 on a mixer?
    So you can add it in your sig and put pics in "Show Your Setup II" thread and make everyone jealous, duh!

I can't tell if you're being serious coldfusion, are you saying 4 CDJ2000s and a DJM2000 will make you a better DJ?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

I guess I should return my db4 instead of getting it replaced. I thought if I told the promoters I would be bringing my Xone: DB4 it would pretty much guarantee me a gig.