paid in full! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: paid in full!

chur cuz!
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Mentor

$60 bucks for a 4 hour set? really? $15/hour? I don't know if i would do a 4 hour set for $60. Remember you have setup and tear down times. I average an hour-hour and a half for both. So you would really be looking at 5 hours worth of work for $60. And the fact that its a very good idea, and a courtesy, to stay the entire night (after the club closes is your networking happy hour).

(at max it can hold is literally 40 people inside)...come on lets be real, the owner would rather press play on a iPod with a decend playlist and call it a night. My setup takes less than 10 min max to setup. The place is not gonna have space for a dvs setup if it only holds 40 ppl. You would be luck if the place has one of those Numark CD Mix stations. Now if you can get more for the owner/bar mngr more power to you.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

yea a small bar wont be able to afford much. and if your just comin out of the bedroom... you cant complain, ive been gigging for a few months now for essentially nothing, the opportunity is more than enough

Tech Wizard

I play a small club occasionally probably 200 people max. I don't know if I'm getting a fair rate or not, but I'm definately not doing it for the money. My buddy owns the club so it's a great excuse for us to hang out and have a good time. I live about a hundred miles away so transportation to the gig is a big expense. He will pay me a minimum of $100 plus all my drinks, and give a place to crash for the night. If we're crazy busy I can make more. The drink tab is usually pretty high especially if I start buying some for lady. Basically I have found DJing is cheapest way to get drunk and have a good time.
    DVS setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DPDJ-101, Numark DXM06, Novation Dicer, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 8DJ
    Controller setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DN-SC2000, Denon DN120X, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 2DJ,

yea hard. especially in new zealand, theres not a lot of money to be made, just a lot of noise, and a lot of the hugest parties on the planet

Agreed. My "standard fee" ranges from 250-1000 depending on what setup I bring and the length of the set.

However, several of the places and people I DJ for end up paying far less. As I often take venue size, and attendance into play.

I have a weekly I DJ at, that my fee is scaled down to 100. Another evening I work for, I don't get paid at all (but I love it there so I 'do it for fun' remember those days?) and when i DO get paid there it's usually about 40.

Realism needs to come into play. I could ask for my normal fee, and get laughed at with the "you're not serious, right?" question. Or just make an intelligent bid on a job.

with 40 people, the bar is probably doing 500-1000 a night (if they dont have a cover) on a really good night. It's a bit unreasonable to ask for more than 100 I think.
    Last edited by Monika.mhz; 03-05-2009 at 04:44 PM.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

DJ pbe thats a tough one, if you travel 200 round trip I would say your spending about 40 - 60 bux in gas and food give or take. So you are really walking away with 60 bux + drinks. I would say that the bar is making $2500 to $3000 with about 200 people if not more. And is there even a cover? Wow...I know he's you friend but he's pulling a fast one on you.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by RSDJMoniker View Post
    Agreed. My "standard fee" ranges from 250-1000k depending on what setup I bring and the length of the set.

However, several of the places and people I DJ for end up paying far less. As I often take venue size, and attendance into play.

I have a weekly I DJ at, that my fee is scaled down to 100. Another evening I work for, I don't get paid at all (but I love it there so I 'do it for fun' remember those days?) and when i DO get paid there it's usually about 40.

Realism needs to come into play. I could ask for my normal fee, and get laughed at with the "you're not serious, right?" question. Or just make an intelligent bid on a job.

with 40 people, the bar is probably doing 500-1000 a night (if they dont have a cover) on a really good night. It's a bit unreasonable to ask for more than 100 I think.
    250-1000k? the k? wtf? andy costs about 100k :P

youre in chch right? i have no idea what the general pay is there for anyone down those ways but youd be lucky to get $100 nz i think, in saying that its worth shot

lol, I always freakin do that. add the k at the end. brain fart. *edited*
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast