APC40 and Traktor Pro 2 Mapping - 2 Full Decks + 2 Sample Decks and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default APC40 and Traktor Pro 2 Mapping - 2 Full Decks + 2 Sample Decks and more

Hi guys,

I just release my mapping for use the Akai APC40 with Traktor Pro 2. Following is a brief description but you can find more details in the PDF included with the TSI file. Any feedback is welcome.

Full access to 4 decks (2 Full Decks + 2 Sample Decks) in a single layer – No need of switch modes.

Transport and Loop sections are inspired by Kontrol X1 mapping.

Full browser control – List / Tree / Crates / Preview / Load button for each Full Deck and each individual Sample Slot

Sample Decks – Play / Mute / Trigger / Clear / Change Type (Loop or One Shot) / Load from List / Load from Loop Recorder / Volume / Filter

Loop Recorder – Rec / Play / Clear / Undo / Size / Dry Wet

3 band EQ + Gain + Adv Filter

Full access to FX Unit 1 and 2

Master tempo / Layout / Global Rec / etc.

LINK: http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=278

Talking

WOW, This is just insane! Earlier on in the week I went down to Guitar Center to pickup a second launchpad (approx $150.00) got it home and saw this post needless to say it made me drool and kick myself at the same time. Today I got out of bed took my ass back down to GC and swapped out the LP for this beast (only $50.00 more on sale) and all I can say without cursing, and jumping up and down with a complete Dj Gazim is WOW. My hat is off to you sir in a big way! I now foresee myself loosing massive amounts of sleep bouncing back and forth between Live 8 & TSP with this awesome piece of kit, for this I thank you.

Tech Convert

Hi Andre,

thanks for the nice mapping, I really like it :-)
    and thank you too for you email with the template ...

I have planed to change my HouseQ(derders) to TP2 Sample Deck with Deck Switches and and but you have made a very good work .. so I decided to trash it and adjust yours :-)

It takes a little bit of time to feel/lern/know how all is set - specially when you used another mapping for long time before ... but I see the advantage in your mapping (2+2decks without switches and the shift´s for double layouts)

you have finished it or you will set the free buttons/knobs with stuff? what? I don´t see anything free :-)

I have adjustments/ideas for buttons/knobs if you want to hear them...

I will set them like this ...

-----------------------------------------------------
    for the Sample Decks

Slot SampleSize set to TrackControl Filter Knob with the C/D shifts
    + Reset on the Pan/SendA-C (shift)

----------------------------------------------------
    would be nice to have a Reset for the Tempo+-
    do you think that we could realize this?
    I am a little bit rusty on mapping and you are fresh into it :-)

I mean to hold shift and press Tempo + and Tempo - = reset

it will be a double shift - I don´t know if this is possible

-----------------------------------------------------

the EQ Reset is set to EQ Low but not to MID
    the Single FX Delay Reverb Gater Beatmasher2 Phaser Iceverb
    are set to TDelay3 Delay RingMod RingMod Gater RingMod

I have seen that in your (or yet my) Effects Prefs not all FX are preselected
    (11 effects)

are these faults by loading the mapping or deliberately?

okay must go for now
    cy

Hi Derders,

There is reset for MID, you just have to hold shift and press the ‘Reset’ button when in ‘MID/LOW mode’. Apart from that the track control section on the APC has not shift function, so there is plenty of room to expand the mapping, but the way it is reflects the how I use Traktor, so for me it is 100% completed.

Now if you’re keen to customize it yourself to add extra controls using the Shift you should consider the following:
    M1=0 -> Default function
    M1=1 -> Shift hold
    M4=0 -> MID/LOW mode
    M4=1 -> GAIN/HIGH mode
    M4=2 -> Sample C mode
    M4=3 -> Sample D mode

So for example to set the shift + filter knob on slot C1 to change the sample size you have to add the condition M1=1 and M4=2

For the FX presets it is related to you effect list and its order, so yes it may be different from user to user, but to set the preset the way you want just look for Effect Select control then change it to whatever FX you want.

Tech Convert

my fault have not seen the second page in the .pdf :-)

thanks for the explanation of the Mods

I have set the effects as I want it ...
    dont know the difference of my old mapping but in yours the KnobLEDs switches to the set FX Store Preset Value --- i like :-)

in some tracks I like to quick slow down and go back to the default tempo...
    do you think that we can do that Tempo Reset with an extra mod ?
    5,6,7 are free

and how do I use the Seek Position and the Preview? when I press/hold them nothing happends for me at the moment

thank you for help

Agreed!

This does seem like a nice map!

I have my APC80 using Derders original map (cheers again!) and adjusted it for the APC80.

I then have a few variations on it....depending on the setup I want to use.

But this is looking goood!

I might consider swapping too!

Cheers guy! Good work!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Thanks for the feedback guys,

@Derders. Sure you can add a Tempo Reset, you just have to use the control ‘Tempo Fader’ and set Interaction Mode as ‘Reset’ and to create an extra mode you have to add Modifier 4 = 4, but keep in mind that 4,5,6 are not free, they control LoopRecorder, so to do that you will have to compromise it

For the Seek Position you have to hold shift down and use Nudge - / +

hi and thanks for this great map.. im having a couple issues:

the play button for loop recorder doesnt seem to work, as well as the shift function to delete the loop, i tried remapping it and still not working. the other 2 buttons seem to work perfectly.

the play/clear buttons for the sample decks also seem to not work, the trigger/type functions are working normally.

sometimes after using the shift buttons for a while they start scrolling thru effects as well as acting as a shift button. so what happens is , if you hold shift on deck a to activate a function, it also scrolls the effects in unit 1 until you release the shift key. this happens with all 3 shift keys i am unable to determine whats causing this, but it seems somewhat random.

i also have to press keys twice to get them to respond, the cue buttons for example..i press it once and it activates, then i have to press it twice to deactivate, not sure if this is intentional or not, and its not really a big deal, just thot id mention it.

i have recently installed traktor v.2.2.1.1
    i wonder if it could be confined to this version or if im just doing something wrong.
    when i import your tsi, it is the only one available from the list other than the standard keyboard mapping.

again, its a great mapping and id really like to figure out how to get it working normally.
    Last edited by Deejaesnafu; 10-21-2011 at 02:44 PM.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Hi Deejaesnafu,

Make sure you are in dumb mode and you may also try to remove the mapping and import it again.

thanks again andre!

i used dumb mode and also imported the mapping twice back to back and its working like a charm. great mapping, very intuitive and feature rich. I am more of a three deck one sample deck type of guy so ill eventually attempt to remap a little bit.

this map has brought out the magic of the apc40 in traktor! you rock!
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast