Xone: K2 Thread - Page 9
Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Xone: K2 Thread

Can't wait to see this in action, A&H are the dogs...
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    true - looks more like fader caps from a mixdown deck as opposed to a dj one. highly unlikely you wouldn't be able to find different ones to fit.

must admit i'd probably want to change those too, but i quite like changing pot covers etc on my mixers. seems to be one area that's often skimped on - and simple enough to fix yourself. i changed the pot covers on my lpd8+idj+djm101+hercmk2. fader caps tend to be much simpler to change.
    I would put another caps too, for sure... Mixer caps looks more professional then these...

I guess I'm in the minority in preferring the given caps for a small controller. Makes it much easier to adjust multiple faders simultaneously with one hand than standard DJ mixer caps.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority in preferring the given caps for a small controller. Makes it much easier to adjust multiple faders simultaneously with one hand than standard DJ mixer caps.
    either way i'm sure that the style of caps isn't a nail in any coffin. i actually quite like them but would still prefer dj-mixer style ones. i'd probably change them to something else just for the sake of having coloured ones or something anyway
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by Ashigari View Post
    really wish it had 2 sets of RCAs in the back instead of that headphone out in the front . otherwise it looks amazing!
    Definitely. Or I wish they just had RCAs in the back in addition to an 1/8" in front on that channel. I really wish that it woud merge the soundcards if you connect two through Xlink but somehow I doubt it.

im a bit dim

can someone explain to me how this works?

where's the cue?

where's the play?

no crossfader?

im confused!

Yesterday I bought Kontrol X1. As soon as I saw this I ran to the store and return it

Quote Originally Posted by VanDerWAVY View Post
    im a bit dim

can someone explain to me how this works?

where's the cue?

where's the play?

no crossfader?

im confused!
    Cue = Whatever button you want

Play = Whatever button you want

Crossfader? What do you need that for? This is midi, you can't scratch with it!
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post

indeed 4 buttons per channel (if u want to look at it that way) near the bottom that could be used for play/cue/sync or something. then a fader for each channel (which is what i didnt like about the X1). 3 sets of buttons and pots that could be used for kills + eq and buttons spare...

plus u have multiple layers and a shift button to add extra layer-ette-s with

as mypopinjay says... no real need for a cross fader anyway...

or just treat the controls in any which way u want. it's just midi... i love the unlabelled-ness of the whole thing, it can be anything u want it to be (well... within reasons )

edit: way OT but... just noticed in the exif of one of the K2 photos that it was taken with a canon 400d, which is one of the cameras i have. nice being able to combine both of my main geekeries together
    Last edited by zestoi; 10-01-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post

ta

Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast