Xone: K2 Thread
Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Xone: K2 Thread

Default Xone: K2 Thread

Wow this looks promissing

http://www.allen-heath.com/uk/Produc...neK2&SubCatId=

So if you link two together with the ethernet cable through USB, will it 'merge' the soundcard so you have a 4 channel soundcard?

If it does then you could bring two to a gig, hook them together with ethernet and not need another audio interface and have a 4 channel soundcard. It kind of sucks they put one 1/8" on the front instead of having both outputs in the back. It makes it a little awkward if you wanted to run both outputs to separate channels on the mixer, now you have to run a cable to the front. Also remember you have the option to run each channel in traktor mono so you could use one of them as a 4 channel soundcard with a few adapters (like you would with an audio 2 or 4). Plus a lot of systems are mono anyway.

I really like the idea of having one or two of these with a DB2 or DB4 for a home setup then just take them to your gig with a laptop and you have an audio interface to use already in your controller with the house mixer.

I love the X1s but I might have to give them up for these, i would love to get my hands on one.

Also, that button grid looks perfect to put a midifighter mapping on....

I'll take it as long as it is priced near the Xone: 1D which was $299-$329 when they were at their peak of popularity.

If this is made of metal like the 1D then I will buy in a heart beat.

Pretty much addressed my two gripes with the 1/2D - the buttons and the "jogwheel". Very excited! Agreed that I would prefer a standard stereo out on the back over the headphone config, but this will do nicely. Might turn my DB4 into a next gen 4D.
    Last edited by DigitalDevil; 09-30-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    Pretty much addressed my two gripes with the 1/2D - the buttons and the "jogwheel". Its like A&H made this just for me. Very excited!
    Exactly. Those LED buttons look perfect. I really grew to hate those jogs on the 1D/4D- they were useless except to browse and load tracks and the buttons felt dead. These buttons look like a slightly harder Kontrol X1 button which would be fine for me. If they are a little squishy I would prefer it but I'll take them either way.

Tech Guru

Wow, just wow.
    Me want it

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I'll wait for a model without a soundcard to replace my X1

Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast