Xone: K2 Thread - Page 61
Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Xone: K2 Thread

Tech Student

okay gonna play with the pin today. And looking forward to the .tsi updated for TP2.5
    Quote Originally Posted by mix architekt View Post
    ok, if pin 1 is off...i have updates in the works for TP2.5...

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcm View Post
    Mix Architekt when do you think the new Db4 tsi update will be released. Thanks for all the great help you give here.
    here you are neil:
    http://mixarchitekt.com/teknik/mix_a...25_tsi_14c.zip

Tech Convert

Experienced something weird with my new K2. When it was plugged into the USB port and hooked up to headphones and speakers, the metal face plate had an electric current running when I touched it. This definitely wasn't static electricity, but alternating current around the amount a USB port would produce. I contacted the retailer, who in turn contacted Allen & Heath. The answer was really strange; they told me there was current leaking from my computer to the unit, which was grounded on the face plate. So the unit should be OK and my computer should be the culprit.

My question to you: is this a plausible answer from Allen & Heath? It sounds incredibly stupid that the circuits are connected to the face plate.

I thought electronics were commonly grounded like that?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Convert

Well, it would be good news if the K2 works as it should. I would hate to see my PC die on me though.

Is there a tsi file out for 2 k2's that work with the db4, and incorporate pitch control through the fader or a rotary knob,

Because i play a lot of different genres and i like to change tempo through my sets so from 126 bpm to 105 bpm with two decks synced, and to do this i need a pitch fader.

in a way make the functions a bit like a s4,
    scroll through song,
    loop knob to contol the measurement of the loop
    loop with possibility to shift loop forwards and back wards,
    pitch fader,
    pitch bend,
    pre-listen songs without putting them into a deck,

i know the asked functions scream denon sc2000 but i would like to have the function of xlink.

never midi mapped before and don't know if it's difficult, so if somebody made already a mapping that would be nice.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Midi mapping is super duper easy. Have a go! What you've described sounds like a good beginner project.

The traktor manual explains midi mapping pretty well and I'm sure there's a few good DJTT youtube videos that could help.

Well, this weekend was the first time I used the K2 in a Club. I gotta say that the sound quality pretty much sucks. Its way more quietly then even the maya44, the most quiet soundcard I've ever heard. I am very disappointed. Nobody else noticed the lack of loudness?

Using K2 with Traktor 2.5 on Mac, internal mixing mode. Via chinch into a mixer and had to go full gain to compete with the maya44.

Really? The reviews I've read say it is suitably loud.
    You sure it wasn't a software problem? Maybe you have a dud unit?

Yea I know. I read the soundcheck on TraktorBible. And I already tried a new unit. My software is Traktor, as said, and works absolutely fine with every other soundcard...

Edit: And I tried with a few different mixers, Pioneer, Denon, Vestax, everything! Just not loud enough!