Xone: K2 Thread - Page 50
Page 50 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Xone: K2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyNerd View Post
    I finally came this weekend.

- Top row encoders rotary: gain on each channel
    - Top row encoder push button functionality and LED : CUE/PFL/Monitor for each channel

- Rotary pots and corresponding buttons: H/M/L EQs (knobs) and EQ Kill (buttons) for each channel

- Line Faders: Volume faders for each channel
    kind of what i am hoping to do - sounds ideal for the job...

The trio of X1, K2, and Launchpad should work well. Since I no longer need a sound card now that I have the K2, minimally I only need the K2 and either the X1 or the Launchpad depending on what I want to do.
    very nice and portable setup. even just a k2 and launchpad should be good for most things tho i guess? if i bought an x1 then i'm going to want to put an f1 next to it
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    Haha....I totally missed that +1!!!

kind of what i am hoping to do - sounds ideal for the job...
    Just a super simple mapping...with all the requisite LEDs working for feedback...and to test out the workflow. I wish it had "one more row" of knobs so I could use it for the channel filters. Right now...I just map param 3 knob from my X1 for the Channel (mixer) filter for decks A&B. Other than that...the workflow is simple

very nice and portable setup. even just a k2 and launchpad should be good for most things tho i guess? if i bought an x1 then i'm going to want to put an f1 next to it
    YUP...The F1 will be next on the list for me too. Actually...I may acquire a Behringer CMD PL-1. For thre price it is good...has 2 deck (ok 4 deck) control capability, control for 2 FX units and a jog wheel for "mixing old school" actually, it is more useful to me for setting up tracks, dialing in beat grids and hot cues with a jog wheel and then practicing what I want to do with it...But at the heart, it will likely always the the K2.

Haha....I totally missed that +1!!!
    i couldn't help myself well i could... but i didn't

YUP...The F1 will be next on the list for me too. Actually...I may acquire a Behringer CMD PL-1. For thre price it is good...has 2 deck (ok 4 deck) control capability, control for 2 FX units and a jog wheel for "mixing old school" actually, it is more useful to me for setting up tracks, dialing in beat grids and hot cues with a jog wheel and then practicing what I want to do with it...But at the heart, it will likely always the the K2.
    i really like the idea of the PL-1. would love either two of those or two dnsc2000's sometime. i need my "jogwheel fix". i'm sure i'd only need one mind u - so maybe get one and then see. will be interesting when those new controllers are released anyway. oddly the jogs are actually bigger on their STUDIO 4A tho.

i'm not sure i can really justify all the controllers i want... love the rgb'ness of the MF3D and the F1 but the K2 has to be the most useful thing for me to get - esp as i need a soundcard. too much choice atm i guess...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

i really like the idea of the PL-1. would love either two of those or two dnsc2000's sometime. i need my "jogwheel fix". ....
    i'm sure i'd only need one mind u - so maybe get one and then see. will be interesting when those new controllers are released anyway....
    Likewise....I basically never use jogwheels...which is ironic since I started with vinyl WAAY back in the day...I have just embraced new control paradigms for myself. but jogwheels do give a nice simplicity plus they are useful for setting up tracks for precise cues without needing to touch my laptop keyboard.

I thought about the DN SC2000...but it is 2.5 times more that the projected price of the CMD PL-1!!! I am not sure what it would provide that the PL-1 doesn't. Like you I only really need one...but at that price, I can get two PL-1s for less than one DN-SC2000!

i'm not sure i can really justify all the controllers i want... love the rgb'ness of the MF3D and the F1 but the K2 has to be the most useful thing for me to get - esp as i need a soundcard. too much choice atm i guess...
    I have just given up and accepted that I will likely get them as well. The only justification I need is that I want to play with it and use and I don't feel guilty about it one bit. If it fits my style and workflow, it stays. Otherwise, I will hang on to it...see if my mood/style/workflow changes after some months. eventually, if I find that I am really not using it...then I sill sell it and look for something else. Right now my focus is the integration of the K2 and the F1 and Launchpad.

I need to paradoxically make each controller as independent from the others as possible while removing overly redundant functionality from my mappings. I want to be able to perform with either the X1 & K2, Launchpad & K2, or all three....will be more work for me over the next few days...need to tweak the launchpad and see how it is.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Tech Mentor

whats the easiest way to map the k2 with traktor? i dont like the stock one. do i have to use the editor built in traktor?

Likewise....I basically never use jogwheels...which is ironic since I started with vinyl WAAY back in the day...I have just embraced new control paradigms for myself. but jogwheels do give a nice simplicity plus they are useful for setting up tracks for precise cues without needing to touch my laptop keyboard.
    i started out on vinyl more years ago then i care to admit to as well - but i still would rather use jogs to nudge into sync and scan thru tracks than just using buttons. maybe no real need but i'd feel kind of naked playing out without decent jog wheels

I thought about the DN SC2000...but it is 2.5 times more that the projected price of the CMD PL-1!!! I am not sure what it would provide that the PL-1 doesn't. Like you I only really need one...but at that price, I can get two PL-1s for less than one DN-SC2000!
    i have thought about buying some 2nd hand as they do seem a bit expensive new. if anything the PL-1 probably has more controls overall than the dnsc2000 and they both have the same 10cm jog wheels.

I have just given up and accepted that I will likely get them as well.
    well that's one good way of dealing with it i guess a K2 and one PL-1 will have to be top of my list. a MF3D is oddly tempting too tho...

Quote Originally Posted by coupon View Post
    whats the easiest way to map the k2 with traktor? i dont like the stock one. do i have to use the editor built in traktor?
    if you're on macosx u can buy xtrememapping for a few quid. my first purchase when i went macish

Tech Mentor

if you're on macosx u can buy xtrememapping for a few quid. my first purchase when i went macish
    i am not anything for windows?

Quote Originally Posted by coupon View Post
    i am not anything for windows?
    afraid not. if you're a coder u can use my midimasher to script stuff - but you're probably best off just getting used to the basics within traktor's mapping windows. it's not all that bad for small mappings.

Do they still not let you resize that window? Mapping in traktor (while powerful) was incredibly painful.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!