Xone: K2 Thread - Page 47
Page 47 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Xone: K2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcm View Post
    I have ordered one but thinking of cancelling it now and waiting on the F1
    think i am gonna do the same

I have just emailed Allen & heath support about when they think it will be available , if I don't have a answer this week I am going to cancel my order fed up waiting on this
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

So why are people backing out and getting the F1? Just really got your heart set on the remix decks and the NI mapping?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    So why are people backing out and getting the F1? Just really got your heart set on the remix decks and the NI mapping?
    Don't know about everyone else, but I am getting both...for me, they serve different purposes. I already have an X1 that handles my basic 2-deck workflow. I don't use Traktor's sample decks as I find them cumbersome...the Remix decks, on the other hand, look like they might be more useful. So, for me, the F1 will be strictly for remix decks...while the K2 will serve as a sort of hub for traktor handling internal mixing, eqs, filters, fx assign etc.

Mostly I will work with the K2 and an X1, and periodically work in the F1.

I would be using the k2's in ableton not traktor I have just been waiting so long for it I might as well get the f1 to do the same job

Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post
    I would be using the k2's in ableton not traktor I have just been waiting so long for it I might as well get the f1 to do the same job
    I hadn't thought of using a K2 in Ableton. My ableton setup consists of a Launchpad, a Korg nanoKontrol2, and an old school Behringer BCR2000. I'll have to think about how I might use the K2 as part of a streamlined Ableton setup....hmmmmmm...

Tech Mentor

just received my k2...time to see if i can do a full set on this so i can stop lugging the s4 to gigs

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyNerd View Post
    I hadn't thought of using a K2 in Ableton. My ableton setup consists of a Launchpad, a Korg nanoKontrol2, and an old school Behringer BCR2000. I'll have to think about how I might use the K2 as part of a streamlined Ableton setup....hmmmmmm...
    I'm thinking a K2 paired up with a Behringer LC-1, seems like the perfect 4 deck Live setup. It pretty much doesn't get more portable than that!

In fact seeing all of these new modular controllers is really making me reconsider heading back into Live, or completely condensing my setup, as having large amounts of gear is completely unnecessary for a basement dj such as myself.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Tech Mentor

anyone have a good x1 emulator mapping/overlay?

the one that comes on the CD seems to be wrong..

quick review:
    spent about an hour with it. i bought it with the hopes of taking it to gigs by itself and plugging into the mixer and still being able to do a set since i don't really use jogwheels except for skimming around tracks.

some thoughts-

-the stock x1 mapping it comes with seems to be wrong with some of the labelings on the overlay provided in the CD.

-using the built in soundcard + midi uses ALOT more cpu than my s4. i have very very minimal popping issues with the s4 but almost nonstop here. my cpu load in traktor is constantly in the red. i dont have the fastest laptop, but like i said it can run the s4 just fine. haven't tried it with an external mixer yet, but im hoping it will be alot smoother.

-having to map with traktor suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. NIs fault, not a&h though.

-there is nothing nice about this case....but at least its free.

-i need to figure out how to do the headphone mix split cueing/volume soon as well...

-this is definitely a higher learning curve than the s4...

all in all, i think i can eventually get it to where i need it to be with some time. anyone else get theirs yet?
    Last edited by coupon; 04-03-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Just got this from Allen & Heath

Hi Neil

Thanks for the message.

K2 units are already shipping worldwide, so please contact your local A&H dealer for details on when they expect to take delivery of their first shipment.
    Alternatively, you can also contact our UK distributor for more info; if the dealer is unable to give you a fixed date, our distributor may be able to confirm this for you.

For A&H UK Sales enquiries, please use the following contact details:
    Phone: 0113 277 1441 option 1.
    Email: Sales@audio-technica.co.uk
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru