Steinberg controllers! - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ranzerox View Post
    these would send out reg. midi notes to map with traktor correct?

edit: nvm i read. fuckin awesome i can assign it different midi notes. lovely, im buying one

i cant believe theyre only 150$ you could make a great setup out of just these
    Wait, they're straight MIDI? I've only seen Cubase users using them (On gearslutz), so I assumed they were proprietary.

That opens up some options for DAW control. Not sure about DJ uses, but I'm also probably the most anti-controller DJTT user at this point, so I'll assume you guys are right.

Have you guys seen anything like these designed specifically for Ableton? I know I could map these, but it'd be nice if they had something like this jus dedicated for Ableton aside from an APC where I could control everything right out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I'm also probably the most anti-controller DJTT user at this point, so I'll assume you guys are right.
    Diggin the honesty .
    Last edited by Coldfuzion; 02-19-2012 at 04:21 AM.

What about the new Bheringer controllers? Also cheap, and look like they would work great with ableton.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Steinberg vs. Behringer.

gee…let me think.

Steinberg vs. Behringer.

gee…let me think.
    I see where you're coming from, but to be fair, it does look like Behringer has stepped up their game.

These Steinberg controllers look pretty damn sweet however, and they're not too pricey either.
    i´ll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

I guess the build quality is up on the behringer ones, but I haven't seen them yet so I don't rightly know.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Re: Behringer, I'll consider eating my hat in 3-5 years. I have faith in Nem0nic for knowing what he's doing from his side, but I just don't trust it yet. Their Xenyx/Eurodesk mixers are fine for small, budget live sound rigs if you absolutely can't afford better, but the instant you take something seriously, Behringer stuff starts showing its faults.

@Oldfuzion, nope…nothing exists like that specifically for Ableton. It's not a big player in the studio world and amateurs (however good) don't pay for control surfaces, so no one's built them. The Mackie Control stuff is supported by Live, and it's the best I know of that works with it. But it isn't cheap.

@Oldfuzion, nope…nothing exists like that specifically for Ableton. It's not a big player in the studio world and amateurs (however good) don't pay for control surfaces, so no one's built them. The Mackie Control stuff is supported by Live, and it's the best I know of that works with it. But it isn't cheap.
    Are you talking about something like this?
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Mackie-C...77-i1175410.gc

I'd feel like i'd much rather just get the one's this thread was talking about and map them. That surface looks good, but at that price range I feel like i'd rather get something like maybe even the Euphonix MC Controls. The thing is though at a price point of $150 (per piece) the other surfaces just seem over priced now. However the one nice thing is that the Euphonix is motorized.

Have you ever used one of the Mackie Control stuff yourself?

Appreciate your response Mostapha!

I have, briefly. And I'm using the Mackie Control template for Maschine to control Logic. It's the best thing I've used that's even remotely affordable (winner was an Icon D-Control, which costs as much as a Porsche). My only advice is not to try one until you can afford something that works like that. Once you've felt motorized faders that you don't have to map and plug-in control that just works…you'll never want to go back.

I'd honestly rather save up for MCU or Avid Artist stuff than even think about midi-mapping a DAW again. And the Avid stuff is more expensive, though it's probably a bit better in some ways that may or may not be worth it. I've also never seen the Avid Artist series work with anything but PT, though I'm reasonably confident that it does.

Fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trackt View Post
    wow they're paying some serious artists to sponsor the products on their website!

http://www.steinberg.net/en/artists/...rgartists.html

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast