Mapping - HELP!

Thread: Mapping - HELP!

Tech Wizard

Question Mapping - HELP!

Hi I'm pretty new to Traktor, but I have quickly become familiar with simple mapping techniques. I have a Hercules DJ Control Steel that I have mapped to fit my basic needs, but there are a few advanced techniques that I want to apply to my mixer.

First off, I have Traktor Version 1.2.1 and I want to set up additional midi pages, but I can't seem to do so. At the top of my Preferences > Controller-Manger page, I see the "Add..." button but in the drop-down from "Add..." there is no option for "Select Midi Page." I was hoping to be able to map a command to a button on my controller that would allow me to toggle between midi pages.

My reason for wanting to do this is to assign the jog wheels functions for adjusting the values of FX... such as the beatmasher. I either want to set up an additional midi page, OR map a button to toggle an effect on and then control the value of it using the jog wheel... without having the jog wheel change the scratch/tempo values at the same time. Is this even possible?

Also, I was hoping someone might be able to explain to me the purpose of modifier states and modifier conditions... I can't seem to figure out what the heck they do.

Thanks so much in advance!

- Kai

It sounds like you want Modifiers. First, you should upgrade to 1.2.6 (the latest version), then check out the Fader FX in the latest VCI-100 mapping from DJTT. What you are trying to map is one of the functions of Fader FX, and you could see how its done by looking through the mapping (the comments are excellent and make things easy to follow). But you need the latest version of Traktor.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoonUn1t View Post

Also, I was hoping someone might be able to explain to me the purpose of modifier states and modifier conditions... I can't seem to figure out what the heck they do.

Thanks so much in advance!

- Kai
    Read this

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/12/2...ore-controlls/

And this

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/03/2...ini-modifiers/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

THANKS SOOO MUCH.
    Very helpful. After reading only a few sentences I have come to understand the function of modifiers...

Cheers