Sosik's VCI-300 2D TSI [BETA] - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Smile

I confirm. If you dont use beat sync you simply cant use Traktor or you will find yourself out of sync many times. In Itch it works fine to adjust the pitch with the jogs. Traktor too but only tried on a VCI100 of a friend. Soulst, counting on you. For the rest great mapping. Just missing LED feedback.
    Last edited by DjOc; 06-18-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Tech Wizard

Shift+Files was a temporary solution. The problem is the sensitivity you set in Scratch + Pitch Bend options in the mapping. Try setting it down, the lower you go the better will the synth work.

DjOc
    "Just missing LED feedback."
    What do you mean? All mapped function have corresponding LED's.

Tech Convert

DjOc
    "Just missing LED feedback."
    What do you mean? All mapped function have corresponding LED's.[/QUOTE]

I ment LED feedback from the level meters. All mapped functions have indeed corresponding LED's.

Tech Wizard

I dont understand what you mean soulst. Do you mean adjusting the mapping or adjusting pitch bend sensitivity in preferences of Traktor?

On the side: Is this problem a problem inside Traktor and also the reason why the phase meter acts strangely when I use Time code vinyl, regular decks and regular mixer?

Is it possible for you to fix this permanently? As I said earlier I have to press shift+files every singel time I use the jogs to pitch bend. A bit tiredsome

One the side again: Does anybody know when DJ-Techtools will release their official VCI 300 Tsi for TSP?

Tech Wizard

DjOc
    Ah!))) I elaborated on the problem already - if you make more than 6 LEDs blink for the sweet level meter, traktor will start collapsing... So you either have to wait for NI to do better job on that or just be creative yourself(tip: choose blend option in each led).

I mean the mapping, Ivan77. The scratch/pitch has sensitivity options.

Is it possible for you to fix this permanently? As I said earlier I have to press shift+files every singel time I use the jogs to pitch bend. A bit tiredsome
    If you do not use scratch then just go and adjust sensitivity and the other option, in the mapping, as low as possible(0%? ).

Tech Wizard

I use scratch at the beginning of a mix. Just like you would if you played regular vinyl. I then switch of scratch and use the jogs to pitch bend. Can you send me a screen shot of where I adjust the settings? I dont really understand what you mean.

Tech Convert

First of all, thank you very much for the TSI. It's the best one we have at the moment!

However, I confirm to have the same problem - you never know what pitch value you'll get when you release the jog after adjusting the track. And this is extremely sad. Very-very

Here's my crazy guess relying on a distant memories of Flash programming: Possibly on a "Touch Jog" event (if there is any) you can set some unimportant variable (like unused effect value, etc.) to current pitch value in order to read it back and reset pitch to it later, on a "Release Jog" event. I have not yet looked into mapping though, so I apologize if idea is a complete rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by zlonik View Post
    First of all, thank you very much for the TSI. It's the best one we have at the moment!

However, I confirm to have the same problem - you never know what pitch value you'll get when you release the jog after adjusting the track. And this is extremely sad. Very-very
    that's one of the reasons i switched back to itch by now... for most of my thing i'll just use itch now, if you sync your tracks then traktor is the king!
    if you don't - well let's just say you're screwed! (esp. if you have your pitch set to more than 10%)

Quote Originally Posted by zlonik View Post
    Here's my crazy guess relying on a distant memories of Flash programming: Possibly on a "Touch Jog" event (if there is any) you can set some unimportant variable (like unused effect value, etc.) to current pitch value in order to read it back and reset pitch to it later, on a "Release Jog" event. I have not yet looked into mapping though, so I apologize if idea is a complete rubbish.
    problem is that you can't set any of those values... you can't set the pitch to e.g. 127.5 bpm, so that is some nice idea, but sadly it wouldn't work...
    it's simply a traktor issue (i'm pretty sure about that), maybe the geniuses at DJTT find some genius solution for their official vci-300 mapping... if not - well, that'd be a BIG argument against traktor...

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Tech Convert

Wink

Its a pitty. I love Traktor as soft and love my VCI300. For life performance I always switch back to Itch. Indeed the beat sync on Traktor is way more accurate than the Itch one. Plus no effects on Itch (but you can use an extra module for this)

I confirm that for Live Performance you should use Itch on the VCI300. You can only use Traktor if you use beatsync. The beatsync is very accurate for Dance/Trance/Electro/House... where a clear beat is defined on the Track. For more complex tracks like Downtempo, Rap, ... where you have a lot of breaks and changes in tempo many times you will have to set a beat grid in Traktor. Im comming from Vinyl so beatsync I dont use it so often.

If you did not buy a VCI300 yet, buy a VCI100 for Traktor use as its wel supported by DJTT. Its a pitty there is no support from DJTT for the VCI300 yet which is by many people seen as the successor of the VCI100.

Anyway thks to everybody for the effort so far in creating a mapping for Traktor/VCI300 use. Soulst you are pretty close to have the perfect mapping. Great job so far and is really appreciated. I hope that soon a mapping will be available which allows most of the critical functions for stable live perfomance. Im even willing to pay for it
    Last edited by DjOc; 06-18-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Tech Wizard

Im also willing to pay for it. If it was`nt for the glitches in the pitch bend when you use the jogs to adjust your mix, Soiks TSI would be perfect! I`ve only made 2 changes to the mapping and that is Bass Kill @ Censor and Inverted Master/Cue @ Master/Cue-knob.

I never use sync, my only wish is to use the VCI 300 with Traktor in exactly the same way as I use my vinyl decks!

Please DJTechTools give us a TSI that rips our face off!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast