Show Your Setup Part II - Page 54
Page 54 of 125 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Default Partyghost BBL (BasementBeatLab)

I have a relentless compulsion of rearranging my workspace until I find the setup that just feels right. Not sure if I'm alone in saying that the overall flow of my gear setup is a pretty big factor in my productivity. Feels so anyways. My xponent is in the process of being repainted, using that felt feel spray paint so Ill post up more when its back in action but here's my setup used for production at the moment. Think I finally got it right this time!!

the best-taught are the self-taught....................

Soundcloud.com/partyghost-1

Quote Originally Posted by partyghost View Post
    I have a relentless compulsion of rearranging my workspace until I find the setup that just feels right. Not sure if I'm alone in saying that the overall flow of my gear setup is a pretty big factor in my productivity. Feels so anyways. My xponent is in the process of being repainted, using that felt feel spray paint so Ill post up more when its back in action but here's my setup used for production at the moment. Think I finally got it right this time!!

I feel that your white speaker is placed badly .

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Hmmm...You know what we truely need? A "show your setup" forum, where each thread is a setup. That way,

People can discuss in more detail about the things they have (and don't)
    People who have shown their setup can also show updates in the same thread
    People can stop quoting other peoples posts/ setups, making the discussions more fun.
    And in turn, the discussions about the setups can get more intense
    People can subscribe to the forum, to get updates on new setups

I'm sure there are more advantages. What do you think?

scamo
    Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    it would be the least active subforum by far though. There just aren't enough posts.
    Well, we're still little bit divided regarding this.

The coolest thing is, that you are able to find more out about setups.
    People can also make a history bridge, where the first post contains the starting setup, and eventually it grows into something mega.

People would also be able to post questions regarding the setup, what are benefits, what are disadvantages, questions about how people got something to work nicely for them, and also what mappings they're using and why.

I still think it's a cool one, otherwise you could end up flooding the thread with what could be considered off topic discussions.

The "Show your setup/booth" forum would become less of a "Dog and Pony show" which I still somehow consider this thread to be. (Not in a degrading way though!)

The "There aren't enough posts" reason could be somewhat true, though I think that the this being the second thread, that already is in mid 50 pages within only a few months, is quite an interesting development to say the least.

On the other hand, this still goes awesomely and something worth considering when opening the next "Show Your Setup" thread.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    I feel that your white speaker is placed badly .

I actually like the off center focus. Honestly I've never had an issue with them being unsymmetrical when I do my mixdowns. My process is usually initial mix through the speakers then I move to my cans. Im usually on the couch for the speaker part where Im going for the feel of the track then fine tune it in the headphones.

Besides speaker focus doesnt seem to matter as much when you mix at 11.0! teehehe
    the best-taught are the self-taught....................

Soundcloud.com/partyghost-1

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    Great looking setup.. Love the decks, mixer and monitors!
    tanks mate
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post

People can also make a history bridge, where the first post contains the starting setup, and eventually it grows into something mega.

People would also be able to post questions regarding the setup, what are benefits, what are disadvantages, questions about how people got something to work nicely for them, and also what mappings they're using and why.

I still think it's a cool one, otherwise you could end up flooding the thread with what could be considered off topic discussions.

The "Show your setup/booth" forum would become less of a "Dog and Pony show" which I still somehow consider this thread to be. (Not in a degrading way though!)

The "There aren't enough posts" reason could be somewhat true, though I think that the this being the second thread, that already is in mid 50 pages within only a few months, is quite an interesting development to say the least.

On the other hand, this still goes awesomely and something worth considering when opening the next "Show Your Setup" thread.
    It sounds like you are keen on the idea. Great!

I think because the general atmosphere here on this web site is positive, giving each set-up its own thread will only help add to that. People are proud of what they can show and tell and fellow DJs get a nice insight into how their colleagues "do their thing". It is a win-win situation, even if the forum won't be the most posted. But you might be surprized.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    It sounds like you are keen on the idea. Great!

I think because the general atmosphere here on this web site is positive, giving each set-up its own thread will only help add to that. People are proud of what they can show and tell and fellow DJs get a nice insight into how their colleagues "do their thing". It is a win-win situation, even if the forum won't be the most posted. But you might be surprized.

scamo
    I think this is a great idea!!! I think it could evolve into something really great. Giving ACTIVE members a space on the forum, not just for setups, but maybe anything that is evolving with that certain member... ie; Mixes, setup, life.

If this new forum was combined with the "mixes and production forum" it could possibly help get people a few more listens to their mixes and in return get critiques. Knowing the setup and hearing the music just makes more sense. People who are interested in the setup can hear what that person is doing with it and ask question about both gear and mixes.

Like Tekki said, "you can see what grows", but this way you could see a member grow... or become the next DJTT superstar DJ!!!! lol. Make the Member Gear/Mixes forum into a Facebook/Soundcloud mashup...

Just my .02
    Last edited by DarioJ; 09-23-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Tech Wizard

Default My Setup...Come check it out! (Xone-Pioneer-& More!)

Whats up DJ Tech Tools!

I've seen some really great setups posted on here, that were inspiring to say the least! Been working to put together mine and here it is. I don't have my monitors up yet because I am trying to find the best spot for them sound wise. Any Rokit 8 owners out there? Please help guide placement. Thanks in advance!

On to the pics !

Last edited by Sam_S; 09-23-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks for punching me in the balls
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

did you have a pair of cdjs prior to the 900's?
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/