steve angelo = arrogant mofo! - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    edits do the trick, just hit play at the right time.

Exactly...but would you do that and risk this uproar?

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Exactly...but would you do that and risk this uproar?

I don't even preplan sets beyond the first 2 tunes. Custom edits: sure, but not as an easy mixing tool (I know he uses edits for more than this), that's what hotcues are for
    Last edited by padi_04; 08-11-2011 at 11:25 AM.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

And a closing medley? How long is it? 30 min or more? So he'd rather play a premixed medley so he can have lame fireworks than actually do his job right? Pretty sad.
    Maybe, maybe not, but you can bet your dear life than 90% of the peeps there will remember and talk about the fireworks and show far far longer than remembering the medley that was played to sync em up. Its a show, entertainment y'know, designed for the masses. Not just a serious music act like a Hawtin or Digweed set which is really incomparable IMHO.

I used to take the bigname DJ's, wish they would inpire me and take their failings way too seriously when they failed to deliver. That was until I learned that it really is the music business and the music in many MANY cases comes secondary to the surrounding atmosphere of people who just want to dance their ass off, wave their hands in the air and have a good time.

Oh and see fireworks :P

I'm reminded of the "Osbournes" episode with the bubbles for some reason:P
    [youtube]nEuNk4JMsUM[/youtube]

imo the worst part about this all was his responses. Calling everyone hater, and challenging people to mix his stuff, saying he doesn't give a crap and deserves what he gets. Its a joke. He makes a bad name for all DJs out there.

He could have taken it a different route. Explained his situation saying its a timed show for the last 10 mins. Said I'm sorry if my fans feel deceived, in the entertainment business this is how festivals go. I normally mix when at smaller venues but I work with the show to do this. I apologize if you felt deceived, by my performance, I have no excuse but hope I can continue making people with them music I produce and play.

That probably would have went over much better then. "Your all haters. to the hater out there go get a life and leave me alone. I deserve this blah blah blah." He just sounds like a prick and made the situation soooooooooooooooo much worse.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

This is the real audio for the vid. Song at 1:53 confirms it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZCg_j7sq_k
    Last edited by padi_04; 08-11-2011 at 11:50 AM.

That's far funnier than it has any right being. Although I think part of me would die laughing if I saw SHM drop Scatman live.
    Poizen Jam Music - SoundCloud, Facebook, Myspace, Newgrounds!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

YOU BASTARD !!!!!

Had me rolling around the feckin floor with the headphones on for 10 mins GF thinks I'm a right loon now (as if she didn't already know)

10/10 for the vid

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    imo the worst part about this all was his responses. Calling everyone hater, and challenging people to mix his stuff, saying he doesn't give a crap and deserves what he gets. Its a joke. He makes a bad name for all DJs out there.

He could have taken it a different route. Explained his situation saying its a timed show for the last 10 mins. Said I'm sorry if my fans feel deceived, in the entertainment business this is how festivals go. I normally mix when at smaller venues but I work with the show to do this. I apologize if you felt deceived, by my performance, I have no excuse but hope I can continue making people with them music I produce and play.

That probably would have went over much better then. "Your all haters. to the hater out there go get a life and leave me alone. I deserve this blah blah blah." He just sounds like a prick and made the situation soooooooooooooooo much worse.
    Definitely this. His reaction and calling people haters in every sentence just shows him getting extremely defensive. It could've been a calm response and explaination and be done with it or he could've just ignored it all together.

Nothing shows that you have something to hide more than getting defensive and borderline name calling.

Link to the aforementioned video, that is still working.

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/1644...akzuchtig.html
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    AlphaTheta Euphonia, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

btw that video posted is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast