steve angelo = arrogant mofo! - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dry_bones View Post
    I've been accused of not mixing before... At a mid sized Michigan festival. I had just finished a really fun set and I told the headliner (who came on after me) to have a good time and he just looked at me and said, "that was a great pre-recorded mix, bro..."

Needless to say, I was kind of bummed. But I've never use headphones and dance my ass off during sets, so I can see why he said that. I rely heavily on cue points and my soundcard (apogee duet) doesn't even have a headphone out, so I started DJ without headphones in the first place. It's really not hard if you know your tracks well.
    Um....sure you CAN drive your car with your knees....but should you?

I play without headphones at home ALL the time. Just a freestyle jam...relying on my Cues and shit.

But....I will NEVER do that at a gig....

I will be SURE to check it with my headphones....I just don't trust the setup THAT much!

Anything can happen!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Um....sure you CAN drive your car with your knees....but should you?
    Only way to do things if your trying to smoke a ciggie, talk to your GF on the phone and drink a double extra grande latte at the same time :P

But see where you are coming from :P

For show off purposes, its allowed though IMHO, and at the end of the day a DJ is entertainment.

BUT in the case of the Video, he's already come out and said it was a pre-recorded and medley apparently for the last 10 mins of the set so they could sync the pyro's and shit for the end of the night - why would he need headphones for that.

Can't believe you guys are still going for it . don't you have better things to do then make up bull**** to write about me faking a whole set when i just explained that it was the last 11 mins of my set so they could fire of the special fx and all the fireworks
    [youtube]BMhP1IedW2c[/youtube]
    Everybody faking it apart from the MC introducing it :P (and he's bouncing around pretending to mix WITH headphones)
    Last edited by deevey; 08-11-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Only way to do things if your trying to smoke a ciggie, talk to your GF on the phone and drink a double extra grande latte at the same time :P

But see where you are coming from :P

For show off purposes, its allowed though IMHO, and at the end of the day a DJ is entertainment.

BUT in the case of the Video, he's already come out and said it was a pre-recorded and medley apparently for the last 10 mins of the set so they could sync the pyro's and shit for the end of the night - why would he need headphones for that.

Yeah....thats why I mentioned it! I do it ALL the time. Picked it up from my dad. GF hates it!...my mates love it!

I got looong legs....so i can do it proper! HEHEHE

But its not a good thing to do I suppose.....like being on your phone while driving.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

My GF hates driving seats - she's only 4'10 (and a half) sorry for the OT, just keeping things lighthearted too many spears being thrown around.

Tech Mentor

not everyone is faking the show. there are people who do next to everything life on the stage:

[youtube]T0CUq1odBbc[/youtube]
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Quote Originally Posted by dafe View Post
    Shit, let's get on to Milli Vanilli and apologise, those guys worked hard dammit!
    Bonus points for mentioning The Milli
    SC | MC

Tech Wizard

I get the whole cuepoints on the CDJs thing, but can you save the tempo with it? I just find it funny how he can have them beathmatched perfectly by using the counter on the CDJs.

And a closing medley? How long is it? 30 min or more? So he'd rather play a premixed medley so he can have lame fireworks than actually do his job right? Pretty sad.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    not everyone is faking the show. there are people who do next to everything life on the stage:
    The difference is that the man in the white tshirt is a true innovator, not a jesus posing crowd puppet.

if the BPM's are close and he knows them, its simple to use the 0.8 increment rule.

Its possible...but the phrase....

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    if the BPM's are close and he knows them, its simple to use the 0.8 increment rule.

Its possible...but the phrase....
    edits do the trick, just hit play at the right time.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast