KONTROL s4 - Where is the INnobender?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default KONTROL s4 - Where is the INnobender?

Hey Guys, I am just wondering if anyone has found any alternative to getting better Fader Cut on the S4, I am so tired of waiting on the Innobender. If you have any info that can help me with a fader replacement on the S4 please let me know! Thanks!

GRiM

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Telly posted an inofader install maybe search the forum for that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Yeah I tried that, Telly gave me some good info, but I still cant get part numbers that I need and specs like that, thanks for the info though!

GRiM

Tech Convert

@DJGRIM: The part you need to search for is "Innobender". Most of the major retailers in the US and in some parts of the world have already stocked it. Here's a link to it:

http://www.innofader.com/products.php?id=11

Elliot

Tech Convert

Default I tried that. ; (

So I tried the day I made that post. I called innofader direct, after calling all the major equipment suppliers, no one had it. When I called innofader they said it was gonna be a while before it was released and he told me that the fader needed for skinny applications would be the innobender. They designed it especially for the tight fitting controllers. So I will check with them again this week, I hope it's out soon, you can't order straight from innobender so I have to go through a dealer, we shall see! Thanks for posting!

Tech Convert

@DJGRiM: Try again now.
    AGI Pro already has them, as to DJ Deals and TTL
    PSSL is getting them in a few days
    Lighttech in Germany and many Australian retailers have them.

Worst case if you can't find them locally you can order direct:
    http://audioinn.startlogic.com/store/

I can either sell you direct or refer you to someone who will handle your order. We have plenty of stock.

Elliot

Tech Convert

Default Hell Yeah

How much and when can I order?!?! Where are you located?

Tech Convert

We ship direct orders out of Taiwan. For how much please go to the link I posted.

Does this thing REALLY give you a $200 advantage/difference ? $165+$10+time fitting.

Does the NI fader sound $200 less than this ... or is it a case of "must have new thing" syndrome. I have absolutely no problems with any of the manufactures faders, NI, Denon and Pioneer all perform well ... I just can't see the point of shelling out more cash for such a small improvement. I can see the point with crappy devices like the VMS4 etc. but with high end gear ... Is there a real need ????

Honestly can you hear the difference?
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Tech Convert

@JSM: The main point of the Innobender is not for sound quality but for reliability. The standard faders that most manufacturers use for MIDI controllers is usually something that a DJ who does lots of scratching can break in a matter of weeks. The S4 fader is one of those faders that's easy to break. This is not nearly as much of an issue for DJs who do mostly mixing and little or no scratching.

Also the cost of the Innobender is due to several factors:
    - durability
    - longevity
    - ability to adjust cut-in and curve
    - special mechanical adapters to fit the very large fader into small spaces
    - ultra-smooth fader operation with tension adjust.

Elliot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast