opening MFpro - changing arcade buttons
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default opening MFpro - changing arcade buttons

hey guys..
    i just received my Cue master.. amazing thing..
    i want to color mash my buttons a little.

how can i savely open this thing? it has a normal MF board i guess, so a little force to get thos buttons of the pcb is required..?!
    thanks for your help..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Hey,

Yeah it should be pretty easy, just do it the same way as the classics,
    my cue master is sitting in the post office, gonna pick it up later today.

Just a note ;

To any UK Techtoolers who are intrested in buyin a MF Pro
    import tax will cost you £32.25
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

well. it wasnt that easy.. the upper right arcade button was soldered (which he shouldnt!!) broke the button in the process, but had spare ones..

nothing too special inside, normal MF board, breakout board. here are some pics
    http://imageshack.us/g/135/foto210711143132.jpg/
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook

Can someone confirm whether they are all built like that? I'd like to mess with my buttons too but probably won't bother if they are soldered in.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    well. it wasnt that easy.. the upper right arcade button was soldered (which he shouldnt!!) broke the button in the process, but had spare ones..

nothing too special inside, normal MF board, breakout board. here are some pics
    http://imageshack.us/g/135/foto210711143132.jpg/
    THESE PICS ARE AWESOME! so by the looks of it every single MF pro has the exact same board and the exact same metal casing which would allow you to turn any MF pro to a different model simply by cutting a new face plate that matches the desired model and rearranging some pots/and faders this is stupendous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dylooooon View Post
    THESE PICS ARE AWESOME! so by the looks of it every single MF pro has the exact same board and the exact same metal casing which would allow you to turn any MF pro to a different model simply by cutting a new face plate that matches the desired model and rearranging some pots/and faders this is stupendous!!!
    yeah.. your're right.. didnt see that! :eek:
    soundcloud
    facebook

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I thought I would have seen this a little sooner!

Once arcade button is soldered down due to a manufacturing issue with the case which meant the screw in that corner could not be used.

So it is possible to remove the PCB if you de-solder that clip.

However I need to be very clear that this is a closed unit product, not a DIY kit so we make no warranty or guarantee for the product if you break it trying to change button colors.

And yes the expansion PCB is common to all units - it would be entirely possible to modify one model in to the other by replacing the face plate and replacing the parts. Once again this would void the warranty.

Tech Mentor

Arrow

SCREW THE WARRANTY!!! When has djtt ever been worried about a manufactures warranty?!? I mean this whole site is based around cracking open controllers and modifying them to suit your needs (I am pretty sure [almost] every single mod on this entire site voids some kind of warranty. Since when does DJTT care about that all of a sudden. I just bought a MF Pro cue (at a disscount of coarse ) and as soon as it arrives in the mail I am gonna sex change it into a beat masher and provide detailed instructions so any other MF Pro owner can do the same. Its about options DJTT don't try to surpress the mod community you helped create, instead why not embrace it and tell us how we can improve our MF Pros and change/customize them? After all there is VERY little information on the subject of MF Pro mods. (I know for certain I am going to add LED's to get the midi clock feature easter egg to work on my MF Pro, because its the same PCB as the original) Who's with me to mod some MF Pros?!?!

I didn't take that as discouraging mods -- I think all he means is, "don't come asking for a new one if you break it"
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I didn't take that as discouraging mods -- I think all he means is, "don't come asking for a new one if you break it"
    Sort of, but they should still warranty the electronic components if the case is opened IMO.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast