Basic mapping and USB questions
    Tech Convert

Default Basic mapping and USB questions

Hello DJTT, this is my first post, so Im saying hello here! I'm not one for intros, but this post will pretty much explain where Im at.

I bought a Mixtrack Pro when I first got into DJing, and I found it to be pretty limiting quickly after I'd gotten used to it, especially VDJ. But I liked this hobby enough, so I eventually upgraded to a DN MC-6000 and Traktor Pro 2... which leaves me with a spare Mixtrack Pro to play around with.

The plan was this; to use the mc6000 as my main mixer and keep all the functions for that piece of equipment intact in the original TSI file, and completely re-map every knob and button on the Mixtrack Pro for effects and other stuff.

1. How should I route my In and Out Ports for my controller mappings? Currently the mc6000 is set to All Ports for In and Out, and the only other devices right now are the "Pro 2" that is set to Keyboard In only with no Output, and the "Generic Midi" device for my Mixtrack, which is set to "mixtrack pro" for both In and Out Ports.

I noticed the Mixtrack doesnt work at all if you start Traktor and its the only controller plugged in, Im thinking it has something to do with my port settings...

2. Is there an official DJTT recommended USB hub? And if I use a USB hub to add more controllers, will it effect latency?

Thanks for reading this far!, looking forward to lurking here :P

welcome aboard....

i never select the "All Ports" option - just select the correct device for IN+OUT and then you won't get into any nasty midi messaging loops - which can cause crashes etc.

as for usb hubs just get a good usb2 hub. just remember that if you plug in any usb1 device then the hub has to run at usb1 speeds. latency shouldnt be an issue with just one hub plugged into the laptop. no problems here anyway.

if you want to read more about usb hubs checkout this http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/01/2...ub-dj-hi-spee/
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

Thank you! That was just the answer I needed for the USB question. I plan to have at least 3 USB devices to go crazy with, but I only have 3 USB ports. As far as the mapping, I did end up changing the ports to the corresponding controllers and now things are working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kade2410 View Post
    Thank you! That was just the answer I needed for the USB question. I plan to have at least 3 USB devices to go crazy with, but I only have 3 USB ports. As far as the mapping, I did end up changing the ports to the corresponding controllers and now things are working fine.
    cool i just use a cheapie usb 2.0 hub here and it seems fine for controllers. just dont plug an audio type device into the same hub as the controllers and all should be fine. having said that tho i do tend to be lazy and just plug my hercules mk2 (which i mostly use as a soundcard) into the same hub as my other controllers...

i guess the only reason the "All Ports" option is there is to help the lazy... tho it does mean u can also share modifiers or something more easily i seem to remember seeing...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"