program for accurate BPM's - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Yeah I second that, while I imagine other genres are more difficult to analyse, Pro gets the BPM right like 95% of the time for me, otherwise its like .1 BPM off,
    As Kaon was saying though it nearly always drops the grid 1/4 beat off - WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by gfocus View Post
    TPro's BPM analyzing is not as terrible as some are suggesting .
    ya youre right its not that bad, in fact its a pretty awesome tool. but it could be better. ive never analyzed a track where i didnt have to change something after it had finished. at least if its gonna be always wrong in some way, we could at least get an upgrade for the manual tools thatll speed things up dramatically. nothin worse than bustin out a tune, only to find its not analyzed yet, and then have to hold down the "move grid along" button for about 60 seconds to get it right
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

TPro's BPM analyzing is not as terrible as some are suggesting here. I find it to be very accurate, (auto-)gridding works better than it used to in T3 imho. My music collection also shouldn't be much of a challenge for the algorithm - Electro/House/Techno/Dubstep... Don't have any experiences with "organic" music though.
    I agree

@Koan - try right clicking on the move grid buttons instead, it moves a hell of alot faster.

My biggest problem is that it allways drops the grid right ONTOP of the peaks and not just before the peaks. So if you are using snap and you drop a cue point you consistantly lose the attack on the instrument your trying to play. So while Traktor does a pretty good job most of the time of betting the BPM right the auto grid position is consistantly wrong, thats not really a big deal though i think as its fixed within a few seconds.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 02-12-2009 at 08:55 PM.

hey guys, i'm not trying to trash traktor here. (although a little traktor bashing in this forum couldn't hurt with all the serato bashing that goes on, lol)

I'm just saying that in my personal experience, about 40-50% of my collection was off by 5-20BPM. This was totally unacceptable, especially when all my music had already BEEN analyzed and BPMd by myself manually over months and months of hard work.

when traktor thought it knew better than I did what BPMs songs were, it kinda made me frustrated.

Yes, granted a LOT of this music was human drummers (not all of it though!!). However, like I said. Traktor shouldn't think it knows better than I do. If I've already got a BPM in there, let me KEEP IT!!
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post

@Koan - try right clicking on the move grid buttons instead, it moves a hell of alot faster.
    No...F*ucking...Way! :eek:
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bento
    If I only knew this earlier.

About the position of the Autogrid marker... How is this feature intended too work? When the Traktor guys came up with this, I assume they had some plan e.g. to have it detect the first bassdrum hit in a song. But I'm getting very mixed results. Most of the time the marker is set somewhere in the silence before the beat kicks in (like Koan the barbarian said). I had times when it set the marker right in the middle of the song. I'm just interested how they spec'd this feature and if there's room for improvement.

Let me drift a little off-topic here... In order to have traktor sync up tracks correctly, I'd have to set the grid marker consistently in all tracks. Like always on the bass drum. Right?

About the position of the Autogrid marker... How is this feature intended too work?
    In order to have traktor sync up tracks correctly, I'd have to set the grid marker consistently in all tracks. Like always on the bass drum. Right?
    1) Your ment to put it on the first downbeat of the track.

2) Yes - it has to be on a downbeat.

1) Your ment to put it on the first downbeat of the track.

2) Yes - it has to be on a downbeat.
    what's a down beat?!?!?!!? :eek::eek::eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    what's a down beat?!?!?!!? :eek::eek::eek:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downbeat wikipedia knows all !!

For the love of all that is good and pure in this world, please tell me you knew I was kidding...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast