My Midifighter just arrived and guess what?!
    Tech Student

Question My Midifighter just arrived and guess what?!

Yes, my mf just arrived and I was all happy till i tried to set it up..

After trying to use it with traktor, I noticed some buttons wouldnt respond even tho the whole mapping stuff was just right. I then tried to upgrade the firmware. Actually tried it about 4 times with no sucess at all. The 4 corner button method wouldnt put it on bootloader mode. So I decided to test it on mac audio-midi device settings and thats when I found that only 10 of the 16 buttons are working/responding. Here is the diagram for the 6 not working (the "o" ones)

xxxx
    xxxx
    ooox
    ooox

When I plug it in, I have all lights working on the snake pattern, then the last led stays lit for a lil while then it turns off and the first row lights again real fast and then after that, all of them turn off. What should I do??

Really, I waited a lonnnng time to get my hands on a midifighter, and now what? They simply doesnt work =( Im tottaly disappointed..

Can someone help me? Am I doing something wrong? Is it a faulty unit?

DJTT plz help!!!!! :eek:

*sorry for my bad english

Thanks indeed
    Last edited by djboni; 06-24-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Tech Student

Just a side note,

im was testing it again on Mac midi settings (the sound test) and I realized I forgot to tell you guys this other strange behavior: When I hit the last button it lights the WHOLE bottom leds, the bottom 8 ones AND it actually doesnt make any sound nor gives a positive midi signal from the midi settings of my macbook.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try to use the wire method to get it into boot mode.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17824
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

similar thing happened to me.. i just sent it back in. two weeks later, got it back all nice and repaired
    Macbook Pro 15", Numark Mixtrack, Midifighter Classic, Kaossilator Pro, Pro Tools LE, Logic Express 9, Traktor 2 Pro, Novation NIO 2|4 and a hell'va lot of pop music

Tech Student

Thanks for the replies guys, it is really a broken one, Mike from DJTT is already helping me out, I'll need a new pcb. Im really working on some waiting skills right now, as I am an anxious type of guy(is that right? lol)...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're getting it sorted.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

haha i know exactly what you mean. just wait for them to give you the ups tracking number... i watched that thing... LIKE A HAWK. haha
    Macbook Pro 15", Numark Mixtrack, Midifighter Classic, Kaossilator Pro, Pro Tools LE, Logic Express 9, Traktor 2 Pro, Novation NIO 2|4 and a hell'va lot of pop music

Tech Student

I'll probably do the same lol. But I have to admit, guys of DJTT are being great, answering my emails and I really feel "suported" right now.

Yeah same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago. But I'm still waiting for my new one. USPS is absolutely awful.