Help me midi fighter has 13 leds on and it wont work
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Help me midi fighter has 13 leds on and it wont work

upon switching from 2 deck mode back to 4 deck mode my midi fighter went spastic and 13 of the led's are on i cant go into mode select i cant reset it it is basically crippled now i have been using instans grat mapping but i also use it as midi drums in ableton so the problem happened changing back to 4 decks mode the lights that are on are as follows if that matters
    #*##
    *###
    *###
    ####
    #being the leds that are on please help me
    sorry if this question has allready been answered somewhere else please direct me there but i looked for ages and this problem did not seem to come up anywhere else .

If you can't get into boot mode, read this thread: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17824 and reflash the firmware.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

i have the same problem and its not the first time my midi has done this
    i have installed the two micro buttons on the side and nothing will work
    everytime i plug in the usb the lights are as followed

#*##
    ####
    ####
    ###*

# = on

the buttons wont work and it happened right after a set i played for a school
    carnival...i have one coming up in two days and i need help
    Last edited by Set_for_Stun; 06-21-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Tech Wizard

and with a different USB cable ALL of the lights are on...
    and it will not move from that

Tech Convert

bro do the boot thing mentioned above. works a treat and then re flash the controller. It may not work at first but keep trying it took me a few goes all you need to do is pull the silicone cover off then grab some speaker wire strip it use some tweezers to put the wire in and it will work just follow the instructions i doubt there could be anything else wrong with it hopefully .. I had to do a set without my midi fighter cause i didnt know how to fix it but it was a good set anyways lol just had to mix a little diff goodluck bro

Tech Convert

nup scrap that it is still not working properly
    my midi fighter is now just not working in tractor when i push the buttons the ctrl light comes on in traktor but nothing happens with effects i have deleted reloaded inst grat tsi but it and then some how i lost all my settings in traktor sick about ready to smash this midi fighter i have read threw billion posts nothing seems to help ive re flashed re booted re loaded tsi again and why is it that every time i load it now it changes my traktor from 4 deck mode to 2 deck mode? that was not how it was before help me please i am loosing my mind
    fuck

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

The reason it changes from 4 deck to two decks is you are importing all the settings when you open the Tsi - you should just need midi device settings and fx settings for the IG mapping

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalkerian View Post
    bro do the boot thing mentioned above. works a treat and then re flash the controller. It may not work at first but keep trying it took me a few goes all you need to do is pull the silicone cover off then grab some speaker wire strip it use some tweezers to put the wire in and it will work just follow the instructions i doubt there could be anything else wrong with it hopefully .. I had to do a set without my midi fighter cause i didnt know how to fix it but it was a good set anyways lol just had to mix a little diff goodluck bro
    i soldered two micro switches onto the boot and reset holes on the top left corner of the motherboard and before it would work (before meaning two or three months ago when i had a problem like this) and now when i press the buttons, it doesnt work, the lights just stay in the same pattern as i had explained earlier above...
    downloaded the firmware and tried to upload it using the four corner button method and it's just telling me that it cant do anything because it "failed to find midi in bootloader mode"
    im using a Mac Bok Pro with Traktor 2.0.1 and this is all i can think of

Same result as the original post on this thread, but diff actions to cause it.

-Plugged it in, launched utility and was told that I had old version and needed to update to be compatible with the utility.

-Followed the steps and obtained the "Successful!" message along with the checkerboard lights, but there wasn't an OK button to exit the configuration menu/screen (the directions mention selecting ok when its finished)

- I unplugged, closed the utility, then plugged back in. Had weird lights config, carried on by launching the utility... "no midi fighter detected" screen appeared and it's been like that ever since.

Now my fighter displays mostly lights "on" in a slightly different pattern each time I plug it in. plugging it in once I might get- all lights on except for 1 (off). Next time I do it, I'll get all lights on or some variation...

What's the next step ?

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey guys - try contacting support, as both of you are in the US we can arrange a repair. We generally repair product the same day it comes in so you would only be waiting on shipping .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast