I'm no stranger to DJTT, but am very very new to the forums... I have been waiting to see where I would land as a DJ before I started bothering the pros...

I have been through a "traditional" setup (2 turntables and a mixer), I then went to a Denon DNS3500 and a Standard TT with a mixer, then over to Serato Scratch with an SL-1 (using the same tables and mixer) to which I added Ableton Live 8 (when the bridge came out). I was disappointed in the bridge, finding that i was still CMND+TABing between software... I used that last setup until just last week when I became the proud owner of my new Traktor S4!!

Coupled with my Midi Fighter (Great Christmas present Mom!!) and the IG Mapping (Worked first install, thank you...) I have finally landed where I want to be and where I feel like I can be most expressive with the music...

However.. as always, my need to also play live and occasionally sing/MC has complicated things.

I originally ran the mic into the s4 and was able to use the Loop Recorder as an extra deck (for the Mic) My decision to want effects on the mic forced me to relocate the mic to Deck D. So I was using to regular decks, a live deck (D) and a Sample Deck (C). I also play Live instruments through ableton. in the interest of maintaining my same stereo outs and controlling everything through the S4 I decided that I could then use the Loop Recorder Deck for the input for Ableton. Mapped Inputs, seemed to work... then I discovered something strange... As I turn my loop recorder Wet/Dry Knob clock wise (thinking that I would be turning the volume up on the Ableton Feed) it ended up turning the Ableton Feed and the Mic Input Down!! turning counter clockwise turned them both up (The Mic feed was also still affected by the fader on Deck D)

Here is what I want to accomplish:
Deck A: Standard Deck
Deck B: Standard Deck
Deck C: Mic Input
Deck D: Sample Deck
Loop Recorder: Input/Volume for Ableton Live Feed (coming from computer output - Y cable 1/8" to RCA)
Midi Fighter: 4 Decks mode with IG Mapping

I am using Traktor S4, Traktor Pro 2 (v2.0.2), Midi Fighter in 4Decks with IG Mapping, Ableton Live 8 (v.8.2.2) with a M-Audio Axiom controller and shure beta 58 plugged into the Mic input on the S4

Any help/advice would be helpful... Other than the volume goofiness, I am loving this!!

Thanks All

Mike

DJ Professor B