MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro) - Page 12
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Is it possible to get a 4-banks version of the MF beatmasher? Would be cool to have a single MF pro handeling FX while having two other MF classics running the deckalized mapping?

Well...apparently, I'm an idiot and can't set up the midi fighter I just bought.

I'm trying to set it up with my S4.

Before setting anything up, I exported the S4 settings (they were the default settings, but just to be safe). I closed Traktor...reopened Traktor.

I then used the big import button to import the BeatMasher Focus Mapping...and used the big import button again to make sure everything was set properly. Then closed Traktor.

Restarted Traktor and used the big import button to load the S4 settings...nada...start all over importing the the MF BM Pro, close traktor, open traktor "add-import" the S4 settings.

I've tried several different ways of importing items in various ways...following these instructions:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/02/2...rs-in-traktor/
    http://www.djtechtools.com/midi-fighter-setup/
    plus various other ways described throughout the forum.

Honestly, I've been importing and reimporting for the last 2 hours. I can get everything to work the way it should, but no matter what, it always comes out that the filter is turned all the way left...all I hear is muffled bass. All buttons seem to be working fine on the MF, but the filter is always to the left.

If I wiggle the filter knob, it'll spike back to normal while I wiggle it, but as soon as I let go, it defaults to the left. It does this for every deck...now if I have one track playing that I started through the MF and I start another one through the S4, the track will play like normal (no filter issues) until I select the new deck on the S4.

I can't figure it out...any ideas?
    nope.

Default MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro)

Here's a video to show what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDUQRv5nCdk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    nope.

and here's video of my import process...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWjWH...eeAUAAAAAAAAAA
    nope.

Tech Mentor

Hey Flashflooder,

Have you been working on the beatmasher mapping at all?

If you have been a few things i suggest:

Keep the 4 x 4 pad exactly the same as the instant gratification mapping

and have the fader fx the same.

OR

Keep the original 4 x 4 layout but have some sort of LED feedback to know which deck you are focused on...and have the bottom 4 buttons be instant gratification buttons, and still maintain the Slicer functions.

Just my 2 cents after playing around with my BM
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeshulEd View Post
    Well...apparently, I'm an idiot and can't set up the midi fighter I just bought.

I'm trying to set it up with my S4.

Before setting anything up, I exported the S4 settings (they were the default settings, but just to be safe). I closed Traktor...reopened Traktor.

I then used the big import button to import the BeatMasher Focus Mapping...and used the big import button again to make sure everything was set properly. Then closed Traktor.

Restarted Traktor and used the big import button to load the S4 settings...nada...start all over importing the the MF BM Pro, close traktor, open traktor "add-import" the S4 settings.

I've tried several different ways of importing items in various ways...following these instructions:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/02/2...rs-in-traktor/
    http://www.djtechtools.com/midi-fighter-setup/
    plus various other ways described throughout the forum.

Honestly, I've been importing and reimporting for the last 2 hours. I can get everything to work the way it should, but no matter what, it always comes out that the filter is turned all the way left...all I hear is muffled bass. All buttons seem to be working fine on the MF, but the filter is always to the left.

If I wiggle the filter knob, it'll spike back to normal while I wiggle it, but as soon as I let go, it defaults to the left. It does this for every deck...now if I have one track playing that I started through the MF and I start another one through the S4, the track will play like normal (no filter issues) until I select the new deck on the S4.

I can't figure it out...any ideas?
    Sounds strange. For importing, I would import the MF Pro mapping you want using the large Import button on the bottom left of Preferences. Then add the S4 mapping afterwards using the small Import button (found under the "Add... button" in the Controller Manager.

As for the weird Filter behavior, I'd guess that either the Filter mapping for the MF Pro and the S4 are fighting with each other, the firmware is messed up (which can be tested by reflashing the firmware with the MF utility), or the actual knob's electrical connection is faulty. You could also test the knob using a Midi monitor to ensure you can get a full 0 to 127 Midi cc range for the output. That would inform you as to whether there is a hardware issue or something else.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Gapout View Post
    Hey Flashflooder,

Have you been working on the beatmasher mapping at all?

If you have been a few things i suggest:

Keep the 4 x 4 pad exactly the same as the instant gratification mapping

and have the fader fx the same.

OR

Keep the original 4 x 4 layout but have some sort of LED feedback to know which deck you are focused on...and have the bottom 4 buttons be instant gratification buttons, and still maintain the Slicer functions.

Just my 2 cents after playing around with my BM
    I'd like to make an updated mapping for this sometime, but I have so little time to do fun mapping projects given my other work at DJTT, the official DJTT mapping work/support I have, and spending a little time on my own custom mappings. Nonetheless, I would like to try to do something in the near future but can't promise anything and will definitely take your idea into heavy consideration. I agree though and think most people want an expanded IG style mapping for their MF Pros.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Sounds strange. For importing, I would import the MF Pro mapping you want using the large Import button on the bottom left of Preferences. Then add the S4 mapping afterwards using the small Import button (found under the "Add... button" in the Controller Manager.

As for the weird Filter behavior, I'd guess that either the Filter mapping for the MF Pro and the S4 are fighting with each other, the firmware is messed up (which can be tested by reflashing the firmware with the MF utility), or the actual knob's electrical connection is faulty. You could also test the knob using a Midi monitor to ensure you can get a full 0 to 127 Midi cc range for the output. That would inform you as to whether there is a hardware issue or something else.
    I should have updated my post...Midifidler contacted me and suggested I send it in to have it looked at - thought maybe it was a hardware issue. Mitch worked on it..a cable was disconnected from the PCB board, probably happened in shipping. I was going to open it up but since I bought it used I didn't want to mess with it too much unless I had to.

All is fixed now, got it back early this week, everything imported properly and all is good.

Huge thank you to all of you!
    nope.

Default Row of beatmasher buttons only work on Deck A not B

I have an issue with Beatmasher mappings v.2.3.1. with the row of four beatmasher buttons.

New MF Pro Beatmasher. Imported Deck Focus AB. Everything seems to work fine except one thing. The four beatmasher buttons (3rd row of buttons) activates the Beatmasher filter (can see that visually) yet it only effects the sound on deck A. When focused on deck B all other features work except that row of beatmasher buttons. The filter is being adjusted visually but no change in the sound coming out of deck B.

Using with Traktor S4 (on a Mac). Am I doing something wrong?

Tech Student

Hi Guys, I want to make my iphone as 'MF pro BeatMasher' (just for now) by using 'touchOSC' I got the mapping TSI file already but I just have no idea which buttons is which note or cc number.

I have created my own touchOSC layout already (same as MF BeatMasher)
    and I need to know which note or cc number located in each buttons

so that if any who have MF BeatMasher, could you guys check its for me?

and please fill in (....) with note or cc

for e.g. (Filter) (FxPreset1) -------> (CC E2) (Note G-1)

(Filter) (FxPreset1)(FxPreset2) (FaderVertical)
    (FxPreset3)(FxPreset4) (FaderHorizontal)

(bt01)(bt02)(bt03)(bt04)
    (bt05)(bt06)(bt07)(bt08)
    (bt09)(bt10)(bt11)(bt12)
    (bt13)(bt14)(bt15)(bt16)

many thxs