MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro) - Page 10
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Smile

Thank you very much kevz718 , I thought I loaded the TSI 2x but I must not have, I possibly did at one point but I kept reloading my previous setting and in any event, I just re-imported the TSI like 4x in a row just to be sure and the button are not functioning as I expected them to. A vast difference!

I still don't quite know what is happening when the 2 bottom row lights are on. I realize it is some slice thing but maybe more practice with it and I will understand.

Xpozur

Tech Convert

make sure that the effect presets were loaded for the tsi file
    import it twice may help

Quote Originally Posted by Legotist View Post
    Did someone succeded by modifying the mappings and add the instant gratification features?
    Hello again! No news from the IG mapping on the MFPB?
    It could be the perfect combo with the S4.
    I tried to map it, but it is so hard.

I don't know for you but I don't need the tempo and the tempo bend on that mapping. I can do this with my controller (S4 in ma case).

The IG for MFPB could be great! No one to make it?

Quote Originally Posted by kevz718 View Post
    I agree that those tempo buttons are a bit of a waste.. Anybody out there re-mapped those buttons? Im not all that great at mapping but I suppose itd be easy to remap them to 4 simple effects like various echo freezes and stuff like that. the part that I get super confused on is the modifiers.. I dont think those 4 tempo buttons would really be tied to the modifiers but Im not sure.

Can anybody confirm that if I just remapped the 4 plain tempo buttons that it wouldnt mess up juggle mode or cuepoint mode?
    The best and the easy way for me is to apply the IG Mapping on the MFPB... We can have the Super Combo!

Im pretty sure all the supercombos are present on the standard bmasher mapping (they are a lil different than the classic combos but same buttons cause them). I owned a classic since may or june so i got a lil bored of the standard IG mapping.. Try the supercombo buttons on the bmasher mapping and then use the faders to mess with the transpose(or sometimes gater) effect.. its pretty cool..
    I will try, but the only thing I wanna really change is that Tempo an Tempo Bend buttons that are useless. When you have a decent controller (S4) next to your MF.

Im kinda proud of myself.. last night I did my first modification to the beatmasher mapping to turn two of the tempo buttons into freeze style efx with some modifier action. I did a shorter delay + an iceverb effect that Im pretty happy with. By doing this for an hour or so, I think ive finally come to grips with what modifiers do and how they are useful so it was a good excercise in midi controllers for me. Ill be doing the other 2 buttons at some point soon and that row will become all different delay style efx (or maybe reverb freezes). By understanding the modifiers, I was confident that I wasnt going to mess anything up in the other controls by changing stuff.

I also found out that on the bmasher pro main 'page', there were controls to do quick hotcue sets + quick loop sets using shift + the 2 bottom rows. I got rid off the cue set commands.

I can see myself getting addicted to mapping pretty soon..
    Can you share your mapping as soon as you finish it please?

absolutely but i am a total beginner so dont expect perfection please..

I just added another mod.. I noticed the filter knob sends a seperate note when its at its maxed positions which was not in use with the current mapping. So I mapped a command that turns the filter OFF if your holding shift and you twist the knob to 5 or 7 oclock so you can sweep the filter and have the sound kick back in. itll kick the filter back on when u twist back towards 12 o'clock. Im liking it.

As I said, I can see myself getting addicted to this mapping business.. I unfortunately have to give up the mfpro next week for my boys bday lol.. Im gonna need to get one I think.

I will send u my TSI next week cuz I noticed theres some weird stuff going on when I use hotcue mode due to the way I mapped the new echos.. the LED output apparently is a modifier so theres some weird LED behavior.

I also took out the hotcues that were avail on the shift + 2 bottom rows cuz I didnt need those..

I have 2 more buttons that I need to map effects to (bottom row middle 2 buttons).. suggestions? I may do non-echo/delay effects on those buttons.. what r ur favorite traktor efx that arent on the mapping already? If u give me the parameters for the knobs, ill try em out..
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge. For the suggestions maybe you can add the sweep drama effect? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbsAIBs3uE

I don't know if it's possible to map it on one button.

Tech Convert

Default Problem with Midi Fighter Pro Beatmasher (Focus) Mapping

My Midi Fighter Pro Beatmasher is working great and I love it but when I ever switch decks, SHIFT+SYNC, one or two times (on the Focus mapping). My layout changes between "Browser" and "Essential" and basically disables my Effects until I change to "Mixer" or my custom layout. I then have to manually change the layout which is extremely annoying. I really need this fixed because I transition songs between decks all the time.

This problem is occuring in Traktor 2.1.1
    Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4
    Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 Flight Case
    MacBook Pro 15"(4 GB RAM, 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)
    Crappy Sony 100W Stereo Speakers W/ 8 inch Sub
    Pioneer HDJ-500 Headphones

Hey guys, if there are specific changes that a majority of users would like to be made to this default mapping, let me know and I will try to find time to do so in the future. It's great that some of you are taking interest in mapping and are feeling the power of being able to make small custom changes but I'd be happy to help and since I created and commented the mapping for those of you who are bewildered or have no interest in mucking around in mapping land. I recently read some mentions of an IG style mapping.

Also, most of the supercombos should be in this mapping (except for those that require pressing the "sampler" button or the tempo buttons). The main questions I have for people in regards to an IG style mapping are:

Any need for Tempo/Tempo bend controls?
    Do you want to keep the "Sampler" and thus "Sample Slicer" mode?
    Do you want to keep the Juggle mode?
    Are you happy with how the faders and FX presets work or do you want them changed?

That should give me a good idea of where to start. Feel free to make any other major comments and I will try to look at all of them before I work on this (when I have time to do so).
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Tech Convert

For me the tempo buttons are not needed/wanted due to my other controller that deals with all that mixing stuff
    I would prefer a performance mapping with cue juggling, sample slicing and instant gratification effects
    Maybe using the spare preset button to flip through the three different types of mappings

This would be an awesome addition to the mapping and with the faders maybe having some use for when you are in cue juggling mode or sample slicing mode.

Hope my input helped

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast