MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro)
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thumbs up MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro)

The MF Pro Beat Masher mapping for Traktor Pro in finally here!

Please use the Large Import button on the bottom left section of the Preferences window to import this mapping.

After doing so, please go into the Controller Manager section of Preferences and set the appropriate In-Ports and Out-Ports for your MF Pro Beat Masher.

There will be a video tutorial on this mapping in the future; for now please refer to the visual layout.

This is a Deck Specific mapping where each MF Pro Beat Masher is designed to only control one deck, Deck A or Deck B.

The core 4x4 arcade button part of this mapping takes concepts from both the Deckalized mapping and the Instant Gratification mapping; however, it is not a direct combination of both. For example, Shift+Record will still trigger Juggle Mode when not "Recording". However, if you press Shift+Record while "Recording" you will find that the "Sample Slicer" functionality has dramatically changed.

EDIT: The Focus mappings are now available to download below. To move the Deck Focus around, Press the Shift button + the Sync button. "Focus" will move from Decks A->B->C->D->A, but "Focus AB" moves from A->B->A.

Please use this forum thread for any bugs or questions regarding this mapping.

EDIT: Mappings now updated to v2.3.1. Only major change is that there is now an FX Preset 4.
    Last edited by flashflooder; 10-03-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Awesome!
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

Tech Student

Yessss

Tech Convert

So far it works amazingly

Tech Student

I love it, It would be cool if we could "flip the page" to A set off effects that are similar, but with the Instant Gratification Gater presets. For some reason, I use the hell out of lofi/bitcrushers, gaters, and various phasers. If you could set two of the FX preset buttons as effects page flip buttons for the bottom two rows of buttons, that would be amazing. It would take away from the FX Presets though. I have yet to play with this fully, I'll try and give more feedback later.

Edit:
    It looks like I just have to get better and more precise with the faders and I'll my gater stuff locked down.
    Last edited by powers; 06-11-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    VCI-100 Arcade | MidiFighter Pro (Beatmasher) | Midifighter

Tech Convert

Default Can'tget enough!

Not a disappointment. Total satisfaction. Every time I use the faders I find a different combination that does something very musical and it sounds fantastic.

I have rarely used the instagrad+deckalized setup on the buttons, which is awesome because it means that there's that much more to experiment with.

I wonder if sample mode and cue point juggle have any modifiers with the faders?
    Traktor S4 | MacBook Pro i5-SSD-4G RAM | MidiFighter Pro BeatMasher

Tech Student

will this mapping only work on the midi fighter pros or will it work on the x1 controllers?

I wonder if the Midi Fighter Pro "super knob" would be able to use this mapping?
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Question:

After "importing" the mapping I get 4 new devices:

MF Pro FX Beatmasher [Deck A]
    MF Pro FX Beatmasher [Deck B]
    MF_A - Deck + IGv1.5.7
    MF_B - Deck + IGv1.5.7

If I have only 1 MFProBeatmasher device do I assign the in/out ports to only the As for the MF Pro and MF_A devices or just the MF Pro devices? With another words, why am I getting 2 types of devices for A and B? Should I assign both to in/out ports under the MF Pro Beat Masher device or just one?

As a side note, I'm using this with the S4. After "importing" the mapping, my S4 controller seems to disappear and I have to re-add it.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ivantodorov View Post

As a side note, I'm using this with the S4. After "importing" the mapping, my S4 controller seems to disappear and I have to re-add it.
    That's normal. I don't know for your other question, but I would probably try just the A's first.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast