Instant Gratification - mapping to my controller
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Instant Gratification - mapping to my controller

I have downloaded the instant gratification .tsi to use with Traktor Pro 2. I could like to change the mapping to my keys on my Remote SL 25. I basically want to transfer the 16 buttons of the midifighter to 16 of the keys on the keyboard.
    The only way I have seen to do this is to look at the comments for each mapping and note which midi control changes this. This could take a long time.

Is there any way I can change the midi input for all the settings in one go?

e.g. The midi control for "Beatmash 1" is "Ch.03.Note.E2". This midi control is maybe repeated 30 times throughout the entire mapping for one deck. How can I change them all in one go?

I will buy a midifighter one day I'm sure, but I'd love to try it out this way first.

nope you can't. Welcome in the very boring world of Traktor's controller manager.

Ouch! So then I need to write down what is already mapped for one button and go through them all individually. OMG - this entire mapping is around 500 different settings...

no pain, no gain

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    nope you can't. Welcome in the very boring world of Traktor's controller manager.
    this

+ custom firmware for midifighters (additional notes triggered if you combinate certain buttons) I'm working on an emulation of this firmware for GlovePIE to go nuts on any 16 button controller (MPC etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by derschaich View Post
    this

+ custom firmware for midifighters (additional notes triggered if you combinate certain buttons) I'm working on an emulation of this firmware for GlovePIE to go nuts on any 16 button controller (MPC etc...)
    I didn't really understand what you wrote until I looked I started to change the mapping.

My theory was this:
    - I go into MF_FX 4 Banks A
    - I order the column "Mapped to" by clicking on the header. This puts all the midi notes in order thus making them easier to change.
    - The first note I found was "G2" which related to Beatmash 4.
    - I clicked in learn and changed all the "G2" to a key on my controller.
    - I continued and changed all the Beatmash mappings for Bank "A".
    - At this point I thought it would work - I'm wrong.
    - Pressing my beatmash keys only made delay kick in on FX2

1. I don't understand about the banks. I thought I could change all the mappings for Bank A and change Device Target to "focus".

2. I'm not new to this but I do it so infrequently it always feels like starting from new again.

3. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

If I'm not mistaken, banks are like pages if you want. So to adapt the MF mapping you'll have to use modifiers and depending on those modifiers, you may assign fx units to different decks.

This article may also help you to adapt it to your own controller as unlike your controller you may not have (probably not) a 5 fifth note sent after pressing 4 buttons:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/02/0...rs/#more-10799

I just thought...

I could change the midi signals my Remote SL sends to match the ones of the Midifighter...

That would work wouldn't it?

nope, you'd still have to trigger additional notes in certain combinations.

I'm working on a simulation of the midi-fighter firmware for GlovePIE as we speak (or whatever this medium of communitcation is called). to convert any 16-button controller into a midi-fighter!

Quote Originally Posted by mishmashmole View Post
    I just thought...

I could change the midi signals my Remote SL sends to match the ones of the Midifighter...

That would work wouldn't it?
    To an extent. The firmware quirks for super combos in the IG mapping are a very new thing, If you find an older version of it they're all controlled by modifiers so yes, you could do that.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast