4CH iPhone TouchOSC Layout + Mapping Beta
    Tech Wizard

Cool 4CH iPhone TouchOSC Layout + Mapping Beta

Hey all! So I haven't really contributed too much in the way of mapping so far, but thought I'd offer this little goody up for some testing and some help mapping.

I have designed this mapping to be an addition to my Numark Total Control and 2 MF's to enable 4 channel mixing, but then went a little overboard and decided to put some multifunction buttons in.

I have included three files in the zip:
    1) an explanation of the layout and the midi send and their mapping in traktor
    2) the touchOSC file with all midi mapped to the layout
    3) Traktor 1.2.7 mapping (
    So far I have mapped all the Transport, Browser, and EQ.)

I have to run and my friend wanted to grab these so I'll do an update later to describe it in more detail, but for the most part it is straight forward.

If you have questions feel free to PM me!

Aloha and keep da beat alive!

DJ ADub

-****************************-
    **v0.1 - 5/15/2011**
    First Public Release

**v0.2 - 5/16/2011**
    changed c/d to second page and a/b to first page per request of SAFC2403(good idea!).
    added multifunction modifier logic. (set up multifunctions as you choose)
    Last edited by hawaiibboy; 05-16-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: UPDATE v0.2 Beta
    DJ ADub
    Traktor Pro 2 on a MBP
    NI Kontrol S4 + 2 MFClassics + 1 MFSpectra

Nice...DLed.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

Downloaded and had a play around with it. not bad but you might want to change your page display on the editor so that A & B are the first pages to show, on mine C & D show up as page 1 - it's an easy fix but it annoyed me as i'm only using 2 decks on my pc (at the min) so have to switch each time i load the app.

other than that not bad at all!! Given me an idea to create my own layout for my setup!!

Tech Wizard

Talking

Thanks for the feedback! I have a week full of classes but if I have some free time I'm going to try to add in the multi-function buttons. The mapping issues was the hardest part to figure out. Just the logic alone to figure out how to get the multi-function banks to have 4 states of operations took about 4 hours! I was trying to copy the MF mapping but it uses the MF magic!!

@safc2403 Check back in like 24hrs and I'll have a layout with the same midi send and the a/b page first. I use my numark total control for a/b mainly and thus the c/d first.

This project started out as an add-on controller to my existing set-up but this layout is beginning to look like a full fledged 4ch mapping.

One thing I am wondering:

IF there is enough interest, should I include an EFX page? something like an x/y pad an a fader plus efx loads and routing? My only concern is that I already have a faderFX mode on my NTC and can route either the left or right side of my mixer to do this on fx slot 1. I use slots 2,3 and 4 for my MF's and will also be using the same parameters as the MF's in terms of the multi-function efx.

Once I have the multifunction banks mapped, I will def relese those out to all yall djtechtool-ers. I will also have a stripped down version letting you go at the MF buttons but will still have all the logic present to allow you to do up to 4 functions on the multifunction banks.

Check back soon for an update to the layout and mapping files! Also if you hadn't figured it out yet, the openoffice document has the commands mapped highlighted in green.
    DJ ADub
    Traktor Pro 2 on a MBP

Tech Wizard

Default ADub's Super iPhone 4Ch TouchOSC Layout + Mapping V0.3 Beta

So I have mapped out almost all of the multifunction buttons functions!

Check the photos int he orig post to check it out b4 DL and reference.

The Deck Letter is the layer selector. It's lighting changes based upon the state that that individual deck in in. the "hidden" shift is the text DJ ADUB and DJ TechTools.

deck a is m1. deck b: m2 deck c: m3 deck d: m4 "hidden" shift: m5
    for example "deck a" will be used.

m1=0 multifunction buttons are select/set+store hotcue according to # (LED's to come in next release) shift = delete hot cue

m1=1 loop/ploop layer
    1: Loop Size Decrease
    2: Loop 2 (sets and activates, depressing in loop sets to this size, depressing in this size exits loop)
    3: Loop 4 (sets and activates, depressing in loop sets to this size, depressing in this size exits loop)
    4: Loop Size Increase
    5: Ploop Decrease (as done by Shiftee)
    6: Loop 8 (sets and activates, depressing in loop sets to this size, depressing in this size exits loop)
    7: Loop 16 (sets and activates, depressing in loop sets to this size, depressing in this size exits loop)
    8: Ploop Increase (as done by Shiftee)

I haven't come up with ideas of shift functions on this layer yet... any ideas? input is greatly appreciated!

from this I did a little mini-set purely from my iphone for a few friends last night!!!

EPIC!

Check it out and please give me any feedback.

Next release will have more LED support and hopefully at least FX holds!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    IN THE ZIP:
    2 TouchOSC Layouts(import to iPhone):
    AB has decks AB on page 1 and CD on 2
    CD is just the reverse for those that might prefer to have CD come up
    first.
    1 Traktor 1.2.7 TSI (import this into traktor)
    1 OpenOffice Spreadsheet explaining the planned mapping and completed mapping (in green)

After that ENJOI!
    DJ ADub
    Traktor Pro 2 on a MBP